Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by KorosuKivy View Post
    The current issue effects undervolting at the kernel level. Has been around since the 6th generation processors but only just recently been uncovered. The moment you undervolt your laptop is the moment you open yourself to the explot.

Asus or any other manufacture can "fix" this issue. It is up to intel to do what they can to come up with the solution but tbh that may not happen until the next generation processors as the problem lies between the processor not getting enough power to complete computation tasks thus opening it to exploitation and data collection.
    Thing is , majority of the users just downgrade BIOS , so what's the point of "blocking" undervolt if in fact we can still undervolt by downgrading?

Makes the life of everyone just a little harder , at least they should give us the option to enable or disable it.

And as you said , I doubt Intel is going to do something , at least not anytime soon.

Moderator Array

Dear all,
    Thank you so much for your feedback.
    All of them have been reported and taken into consideration.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Desani View Post
    I have a G732LWS and while gaming I can see temps usually in the 90 degree range with it spiking to 95 all the time. I have see it go once or twice to 99 degrees. I second the request to have the ability to modify settings in XTU, I understand that things have been locked down due to recommendations from Intel, but does that mean all settings need to be locked out? I should be able to disable overclocking and modify other settings that would extend the life of my laptop by lowering the overall heat generated.
    I am seeing similar temps on my G732LWS as well , even in games I wouldn't have called "overtaxing" , to the point I am being to wonder about this "liquid metal " TIM and if it's all it's cracked up to be , so any help will be useful .

My G732LWS doesn't have the Overclocking Tab in the Bios that was/is reported to be there in the 310 Bios either , the Bios on an MSI laptop I had , allowed and advance Bios option which was much more useful , so I'm not sure why Asus can't do something similar?

KB

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ASUS View Post
    Dear all,
    Please refer to below notice from Intel
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...wapkw=SA-00289
    We are following this on our BIOS setting.
    Thank you.
    May I know where Intel has stated that undervolting is allowed only upto -80 mV in the BIOS? Currently Asus laptops allow only up to -80 mV through the BIOS, so kindly forward our request to the technical team, to remove the -80 mV limit, so that we can undervolt more than -80 mV, which will help reduce the temperatures a lot, improve performance and improve the fan noise. Hope to hear something positive from you in this regard. Thanks.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by lakshay2020 View Post
    May I know where Intel has stated that undervolting is allowed only upto -80 mV in the BIOS? Currently Asus laptops allow only up to -80 mV through the BIOS, so kindly forward our request to the technical team, to remove the -80 mV limit, so that we can undervolt more than -80 mV, which will help reduce the temperatures a lot, improve performance and improve the fan noise. Hope to hear something positive from you in this regard. Thanks.
    Have you tried to reduce the boost clock and boost duration in intel extreme tuning utility?

New ROGer Array

Exclamation

Obviously Asus are still applying bad pastes or LM. Or simply the application method sucks. Mine was also constant thermal throttling (G731GW - 9750h/RTX2070) from new and after RMA with mobo replacement 2 weeks after purchase. Then I repasted it myself and using ThrottleStop for only lowering voltages and increasing TPL limits it never hits throttling of any type - neither thermal nor power throttling. The Limit reasons box remains always black, no matter tasting with CB20, playing high demanding games or working with resource hungry CAD/CAD. Asus must finally understand - it's the quality of the pastes/LM (TIM) that matters and its application method. It's a shame it's happening even with LM. Lesson not learned. It's not costing a fortune (even on large scale) but is the cheapest way to not get so many complaints and paying for hundreds of RMAs. If a dollar or two more per laptop is eating your profit, I'm speechless. You're making very good machines, the heatsink is capable of taking away all the heat (unlike many other pricey brands) and the thing that stumbles you is something so insignificant in price...
    For the ones able to downgrade to older BIOS - what are you still waiting for?! For the others- keep up the pressure. Other manufacturers like Dell and HP are providing options for undervolting, besides the Plundervolt fix.
    Last edited by AtGrigorov; 10-02-2020 at 01:25 AM.

New ROGer Array

I haven't bought the laptop yet, due to the unavailability of stock in my region.

Quote Originally Posted by KorosuKivy View Post
    Have you tried to reduce the boost clock and boost duration in intel extreme tuning utility?

New ROGer Array

Sorry guys, I've been offline for a while.

My laptopt is a Scar III G531GV and the temperatures have gone from 82ºC to 95ºC in any game, even in not very demanding like the LOL.

The only thing we can do is ask / require Asus to release the BIOS, as other manufacturers have done, in order to make a small Undervolt, since we know that our laptops accept it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2