cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus, can you unlock intel xtu interface in your asus strix g15 with intel 10th gen?

nada324
Level 7
Hello, Asus can you provide a bios update to unlock intel xtu voltage offset? I know that we have voltage offset up to -80mv, but cpu is still thermal throttling when playing demanding games with gpu.
Other companies had provided bios updates with intel xtu interface option to enable it. I know all about plundervolt vulnerability but please, provide the option.
Thank you.

We just have this option in bios. Not enough. Laptop is ASUS ROG STRIX G512LW

24 REPLIES 24

Soupladel
Level 10
I’d love this as well because I am getting pretty high temps at idle and under load with even the 80mv undervolt.

the only options left for me are to repaste the CPU/GPU or remove the covers on the vents under the fans, which I don’t want to do because that will void the warranty

I have the G512LV 240Hz panel version

Soupladel wrote:
I’d love this as well because I am getting pretty high temps at idle and under load with even the 80mv undervolt.

the only options left for me are to repaste the CPU/GPU or remove the covers on the vents under the fans, which I don’t want to do because that will void the warranty

I have the G512LV 240Hz panel version

You can't even repaste, in theory, ALL asus Intel 10th gen laptops, use liquid metal for CPU.

But yeah, its a shame that we don't have access to intel xtu while other manufacturers like MSI provide that option in their bios.

Well if that’s true it would suggest liquid metal isn’t that effective, it’s been applied badly or these laptops are absolute heat monsters and would be even worse without liquid metal.

Or maybe not all 10th gen laptops have been included in the liquid metal programme

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
Please refer to below notice from Intel
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055804/processors.html?wapkw=SA-00289
We are following this on our BIOS setting.
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Dear all,
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055804/processors.html?wapkw=SA-00289
Thank you.

Well, Intel says "users contact their system manufacturer to obtain the latest BIOS version that mitigates this issue", but i don´t want to MITIGATE, I want to SOLVE the problem.

Now, with the latest BIOS I have thermal issues just playing around, without touching any settings. I have not spent money to not be able to play well.

Please, solve it as soon as possible.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Dear all,
Thank you.

May I know where Intel has stated that undervolting is allowed only upto -80 mV in the BIOS? Currently Asus laptops allow only up to -80 mV through the BIOS, so kindly forward our request to the technical team, to remove the -80 mV limit, so that we can undervolt more than -80 mV, which will help reduce the temperatures a lot, improve performance and improve the fan noise. Hope to hear something positive from you in this regard. Thanks.

lakshay2020 wrote:
May I know where Intel has stated that undervolting is allowed only upto -80 mV in the BIOS? Currently Asus laptops allow only up to -80 mV through the BIOS, so kindly forward our request to the technical team, to remove the -80 mV limit, so that we can undervolt more than -80 mV, which will help reduce the temperatures a lot, improve performance and improve the fan noise. Hope to hear something positive from you in this regard. Thanks.

Have you tried to reduce the boost clock and boost duration in intel extreme tuning utility?

Obviously Asus are still applying bad pastes or LM. Or simply the application method sucks. Mine was also constant thermal throttling (G731GW - 9750h/RTX2070) from new and after RMA with mobo replacement 2 weeks after purchase. Then I repasted it myself and using ThrottleStop for only lowering voltages and increasing TPL limits it never hits throttling of any type - neither thermal nor power throttling. The Limit reasons box remains always black, no matter tasting with CB20, playing high demanding games or working with resource hungry CAD/CAD. Asus must finally understand - it's the quality of the pastes/LM (TIM) that matters and its application method. It's a shame it's happening even with LM. Lesson not learned. It's not costing a fortune (even on large scale) but is the cheapest way to not get so many complaints and paying for hundreds of RMAs. If a dollar or two more per laptop is eating your profit, I'm speechless. You're making very good machines, the heatsink is capable of taking away all the heat (unlike many other pricey brands) and the thing that stumbles you is something so insignificant in price...
For the ones able to downgrade to older BIOS - what are you still waiting for?! For the others- keep up the pressure. Other manufacturers like Dell and HP are providing options for undervolting, besides the Plundervolt fix.

I haven't bought the laptop yet, due to the unavailability of stock in my region.

KorosuKivy wrote:
Have you tried to reduce the boost clock and boost duration in intel extreme tuning utility?