cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sound from Rear Speakers on Ranger vii Mobo

Sizewell
Level 7
I have a Ranger vii mobo with Logitech Z506 5.1 speakers running win 10.
Many times the rear speakers stop working over the last couple of years and just get noise coming from them. I have in the past been able to solve this and get them working. I have spent the last 4 hours or so today trying to get them to work. I have tried various Realtek drivers including the driver for my mobo on Asus download site. I am now on version 6.0.8934.1 which I believe is the latest version. I have googled numerous supposedly solutions, none of which seem to work now. I believe the problem lies with win 10 updates.

Anyone got any ideas
1 REPLY 1

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF MB) from this drivers thread. Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process with cleanup step, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Note (in order to choose correctly the install/update process to use) : You have a ASUS ROG SS1 motherboard.

Also, here is a official description of what functions SS2 have : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1033006/

The configuration of the audio channels (Stereo, 5.1, etc.) is done via Realtek HD Audio Manager/SupremeFX (via tray icon or via Control Panel).
The configuration of the Surround/Upmix is done via Sonic Studio II.