cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about warranty for FX505DU

MrTDale
Level 7
Hi, I have an FX505DU as stated in the title and I've been thinking of doing three things.

First is replacing the thermal paste, I live in a very hot country so my idle temps are around 50c and if I try to play "really hard" games I get 100c. Mobile Processor so I can't really undervolt it. TDP lowering mostly works but there are games where it just goes past that and it doesn't work at all.

Second, cleaning the fan directly, maybe replacing it because one is rattling and I've tried cleaning it with compressed air. Nothing changed.

Third, possibly changing my WiFi Card. My WiFi keeps disconnecting and the drivers keep breaking whenever I do demanding, high temperature stuff and it only started around 2 months ago. I've had this laptop for 7 - 8 months so I have a feeling the card needs a replacement.

I could probably send it for warranty to fix / replace the card/fan but given the current pandemic situation - it's probably gonna take them a while.

With that said, out of these three things, are there anything that will break warranty? I had them add another 8GB Ram and that was the only time this laptops case was opened.
1 REPLY 1

Blake1
Level 10
Hello MrTDale,
Any action that including dismantling the device will break the warranty.
Thank you.