Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Problem - PC restarts few times before booting

vfrank
Level 7
Mobo: Prime trx40-pro s with bios 1101
Ram corsair lpx 3200mhz

pc power on and off around 2 or 3 times before booting.
After that screen shows: "the system has posted in safe mode...press f1 to run setup".
I pressed f1 to enter bios but didn't change anything then exit, pc booted normally. I tried to shutdown and power on again, pc still booted normally. I tried to switch off psu and switch on again, PC still booted normally.

But on the next day I turn on my pc, it happen again. pc restarts 2 or 3 times before booting. (problem seem to happen after i shutdown pc for few hours).

what i did with bios is change "Ai overclock turner" to "D.O.C.P standard" to make ram run at rated speed (3200mhz) but I don't think it cause the problem. Why it only rehappen after I shutdown pc for long time ????????????????????
5 REPLIES 5

Jesseinsf
Level 10
Sounds like a PSU issue. This happens to me if I pull the power plug or flip the PSU power switch in the back and then plug it in or flip the PSU switch back on again. Once I turn the PC back on it will shut down and turn back on.

Jesseinsf wrote:
Sounds like a PSU issue. This happens to me if I pull the power plug or flip the PSU power switch in the back and then plug it in or flip the PSU switch back on again. Once I turn the PC back on it will shut down and turn back on.

No it's not psu issue. on the next day when it rehappen, after 3 times restart it booted normally, I shutdown or unplug and replug psu cable Pc still boot normally. Shutdown for 10 mins and turn pc on, it still boot normally.

But on the next day (after shutting down for many hours) it rehappen.

vfrank
Level 7
This problem seems to have been fixed with bios version 1201

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

The memory training was failing and reattempting to train before entering safe mode. Flashing the UEFI to a new revision has resulted in your defined settings being more stable than on the previous build.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

vfrank
Level 7
after 1 day, it happen again but this time power off and on once only then PC boot normally without showing: "the system has posted in safe mode...press f1 to run setup"