cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G731gw bios 308, don't update if u need/want to undervolt cpu and gpu

dfischione
Level 7
Do not update bios from 307 to 308 if u need/want to undervolt cpu and gpu. After the update, all voltage options in XTU has been disabled. So u need to revert back to 307. It was a stupid bad idea Asus, especially if the cpu burn to 90 - 98 degrees in games like bf5 or warzone.
5 REPLIES 5

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
Please refer to below notice from Intel
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055804/processors.html?wapkw=SA-00289
We will follow this by BIOS update for all model affected.
Really sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Dear all,
Please refer to below notice from Intel
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055804/processors.html?wapkw=SA-00289
We will follow this by BIOS update for all model affected.
Really sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

The biggest problem is that you don't give the user choice! If you want to meet the Intel requirements, enter the setting in the BIOS to enable and disable processor power management. Whoever needs it will turn it off. You decide everything yourself, without asking the end user whether he wants it or not!
Your biggest problem is that you stopped listening to your users!

rogdood
Level 9
I really wish I'd seen this 2 days ago! I suddenly lost the undevorting ability and blindly opened a new thread about this... is there a fix? I can't deal with the toasting 95C+ temps it's hitting with a cooling pad and raised as it is, with the previous undervolt it was sitting nicely around max 90C.

Will there be a BIOS update to 309 to allow undervolting again and still sort out the exploit?

EDIT: reverting back to 307 sorted it, I can now undervolt again.

I updated my laptop's bios by mistake as I took it for a stability update pushed through Windows by Asus and now I cannot undervolt my burning cpu. Should i downgrade my bios back from version 318 to version 316. I own an Asus GL503GE

Good day sir can i ask where did you download the ver 307 bios thank you