cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🔊 Sonic Studio iii / 3 - Failing since January 2020 😥

EviLFazZ
Level 8

Since I originally got the awesome (if over priced and very under supported) Asus ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha, I have had nothing but issues with their forever broken Sonic Studio 3 / iii and wonder if Asus even know or even care

I reached out to Asus official support a couple of months ago and was told that my motherboard should be RMA'd. W..T..F?! This is a software issue, not hardware, especially as everything else works perfectly fine. Not to mention the time Asus would take on an RMA with my location being in East London, UK and Asus wanting me to send it abroad to a non-UK destination, during the on-going epidemic, and not forgetting the high costs, as I would still need to insure this £900+ GBP product, as I know Asus would blame me for any physical damage and then repair nothing 

Anywho, I have observed when opening Sonic Studio 3 / iii in the past few months, when I open the the (Windows Store based) application, it would work for a few seconds, showing all it's features and functions, but then suddenly disappear without notice. When attempting to re-open the application, fail and as the image shows (also can be seen here), apparently not supported on my crappy, old, and unsupported 2020 Asus ROG motherboard 

My only thoughts on why it happens to me, Sonic Studio 3 / iii can not handle my games library and does not create it's own database of install audio enabled applications, such as games, media players, editing applications and the OS itself, because if this is the fault with Sonic Studio 3 / iii, creating its own database would most likely levitate the stress on the application opening each time and failing, which again I'm guessing is due to the size of my installed library of applications (over 100) and games (over 2000, some shown here) 

I have been having to deal with this issue for over 5 months now, with little support from Asus's official support team and hoping by talking about this in slightly more detail, I can bring it to Asus's attention, as well as other on this official forum (as well as Reddit) to reply/add to this issue too, because without this official Asus software (and driver) working, I can not decode surround audio correctly from 2Ch sources, such as YouTube and older 2Ch/Stereo only games, which will only play 2Ch in Stereo to FL FR (Front Left and Front Right) and not decode the Dolby Pro-Logic-like pseudo channel to use 3.1/FL FR C RL RR (rear mono) that many videos uploads on YouTube use, including games and older content on Amazon Prime, Netflix, local media, etc 

This ultimately has ruined my experience using Asus again (have been using their motherboards for over 20 years now) and though minor, is still very disappointing, especially with their awful official support advise 

I can only hope someone that can make a difference will see, read and actually do something about this and restore some of my faith in the overpriced world of Asus, not forgetting this terrible driver support pages combined with the truly awful ASUS Armoury Crate, which gives so many conflicting and completely different driver revisions/updates that I have now learned never to use, including their AMD Chipset recommendations and go directly to AMD's official support page instead ℹ

⚠ Asus, you are not new at any of this (I was there helping you in the 90's to become something in the UK if you even remember me) and used to be the best, but in the past few years you are acting more like Cr'Apple or some random new budget manufacturer, charging more than ANYONE else for a lesser product. It has got to stop and you have got to get much better with support fast, otherwise I will have no choice but move on and never use or recommend you again, to the ten of thousands I have already do so in my Asus loving history ⚠

System and Specs:

Asus ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha - BiOS 1101 (12th June 2020)

Windows 10 Pro - v2004 b19041.388 (1st July 2020)
Realtek Audio 6.3.9600.2239 / Ui v1.7.198.0

AMD 3960X / 64Gb RAM / EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
60Tb of HDD, SSD's and M.2's / 3x 4K HDR / Valve Index / Logitech MX Ergo / blarr blarr blarr

Fun regards,
FazZ
1 REPLY 1

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.