cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak 2, user profiles wont save for more than a day or two ?

Daytrader
Level 11
When ever i save a profile, it only lasts a few days, then i have to make another user profile, any ideal why gpu tweak 2 wont keep my user profile ? thx
12 REPLIES 12

Daytrader
Level 11
Any help ? using latest version.

Daytrader
Level 11
Just to add, gpu tweak not even saving general settings either, keeps loosing them after a while, i have the program set with admin rights also.

Daytrader
Level 11
Hi mate, and thx for reply, yes i had all that ticked/enabled, its strange, as gpu tweak saves my settings/profiles for like 2 to 4 days, then for some reason goes back to default ? its still doing it.

katlani
Level 9
is it for the new latest version? it doesnt even have any release notes 😞

Daytrader
Level 11
Well i was on GPUTweakII-Version2181 was the latest, but now just updated to GPUTweakII-Version2191 just released, will see if that helps.

Daytrader
Level 11
Right, this version is still bugged only saved settings for just 2 days, also this version is now showing wrong gpu speeds, silent mode 1810 instead of 1800, and OC mode 1850 instead of 1860, any ideals whats wrong ? i am running program with admin rights, as it asks if program can make changes to system, i guess this is correct.

Why after a few days does gpu tweak reset back to default settings ?

Max2014
Level 7
My profiles dont reset back, however GpU tweak is bugged as hell. But if you can deal with
For example using OC Scanner the Mhz/V curve may get deleted if you hit Apply twice on this profile (will get linear as default Gaming Profile), also the display frequencies dont show the new max gpu boost after OC Scanner ran. Checking on GPU Z you can ensure check the true OC Freq applied.
I reinstalled last version 2.1.9.1 and my profile dissapeared, so i have to set up all again plus the OC Scan thing.

Settings of profiles looks to be saved on Registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ASUS\GPUTweakII havent checked if exporting them will serve as backup of your settings yet

Max2014 wrote:
My profiles dont reset back, however GpU tweak is bugged as hell. But if you can deal with
For example using OC Scanner the Mhz/V curve may get deleted if you hit Apply twice on this profile (will get linear as default Gaming Profile), also the display frequencies dont show the new max gpu boost after OC Scanner ran. Checking on GPU Z you can ensure check the true OC Freq applied.
I reinstalled last version 2.1.9.1 and my profile dissapeared, so i have to set up all again plus the OC Scan thing.

Settings of profiles looks to be saved on Registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ASUS\GPUTweakII havent checked if exporting them will serve as backup of your settings yet

Do you have to run gpu tweak also with admin rights ?