cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rampage vi encore update windows 10 2004

Ily3ss59
Level 7
Hello someone has information on the compatibility with the 2004 of windows 10? because even when I want to update manually the wizard of windows 10 tells me that my configuration is not compatible... :rolleyes:

thank you
6 REPLIES 6

Riicckk
Level 7
Windows 10 operating system problem, not motherboard. This is known problem. Latest versions of Win 10 are often buggy.

MirceaForce
Level 8
Ily3ss59 wrote:
Hello someone has information on the compatibility with the 2004 of windows 10? because even when I want to update manually the wizard of windows 10 tells me that my configuration is not compatible... :rolleyes:

thank you

have done mine 7 days ago with the same problem but it was ok after some period
MB: ASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME-CPU: Intel Core i9-7920X Processor Extreme Edition 4.2 GHZ auto-CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i v2 Video: GEFORCE GTX 1070 Founders Edition. - G.SKILL 32GB 14-14-14-34
F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR- Seasonic PRIME Titanium 850 w-SSD: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 2TB x3 -SSD: Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB OS-Sound Blaster Z -Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I210 CASE:Cooler Master: HAF X MONITOR:IPS LED LG 27" 27UD69P 27 inch 4K 5 ms TV: LG OLED55C8P OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro up to date

restsugavan
Level 13

W11CANARY 26085.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007006 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E OFFICIAL BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 551.86 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

Yes you did the update on RAMPAGE VI EXTREME I am talking about RAMPAGE VI YET :rolleyes:

Int8bldr
Level 11
Ily3ss59 wrote:

thank you

I had major issues upgrading my R6EE and i was not able to resolve them.

got Error = 0xC1900101-0x40021 at 75% done in final stage followed by blue screen and reboot.
used SetupDiag.exe and parsed all the setupact.log, setupact_rollback.log etc which game no relevant information.

Verified that all drivers were 100% latest (the already were), tried various BIOS version - no difference.
Tried to remove devices to minimize what can interfere but that did not help.

I have a VROC setup with 4 905p's and a U.2 drive and i think this is were the "problem" is. Cant remove the VROC because it's the bot drive. Tried did remove the U.2 drive, but no matter what i did, the result was always the same just with slightly different error code.

in the end after all attempts i manged to corrupt the windows install and -> epic fail.

resorted to reinstall, using the same upgrade media as before (no different) and that worked - of course.

my advice is not to upgrade but keep on trying like once every week or so and hope that Microsoft eventually fix process.

I've read on the Microsoft windows forum that some that have the same issues have been successful by using a older upgrade media so effectively downgrade to 1903 first and then upgrade to 2004 from there. i never tried that method my self though.

Summary:

I book this one under Microsoft poor quality control pre-production testing nothing to do with ASUS.
they probably test some vanilla test cases and then they do global roll out with devastating effect for us that don't have vanilla set ups...

Same issue. I have tried all the possible options to update.
On line remote, Offline via DVD, Reset Win Update services etc. Nothing works, and there are yet still no official statement from ASUS nor Microsoft that there are unresolved issues. Seems to me that it might be interferances with the ASUS add on services. Amory Crate, Sonic studio etc. that might cause the problem?

Br Per