cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX701GV Laptop and VG248QG external monitor

crisdix
Level 7
HI I have zephyrus s GX701GV RTX 2060 , and I bought monitor ASUS VG248QG as my external or dual monitor, my question for this is it too much that I bought the gaming monitor instead of lower cost monitor ? . I'm afraid that I cannot use the feature of the monitor if I use as external or dual monitor ?

Thank you in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Padraigo
Level 7
Are you talking about using Gsync and the high refresh rate?

You should be fine with both, so long as you are connecting to your external monitor through display port. Your laptop has a USB-C Display Port, so you will need to use a USB-C to Displayport cable to connect to the external monitor.

If you use HDMI, you will not get G-sync or the 165hz refresh rate.

Padraigo wrote:
Are you talking about using Gsync and the high refresh rate?

You should be fine with both, so long as you are connecting to your external monitor through display port. Your laptop has a USB-C Display Port, so you will need to use a USB-C to Displayport cable to connect to the external monitor.

If you use HDMI, you will not get G-sync or the 165hz refresh rate.

Hi Thank you for the straight answer, I used HDMI, OH that's why I only get 144hz if I set in Nvidia Resolution ( PC 1920x1080 ) but if I select the Ultra HD resolution the highest refresh rate only is 60hz, so if ever I can buy the USB-c to Displayport I can select now the 165hz in ULTRA HD resolution?

also, does it matter if I use the extended display?

Thank you in advance