cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E - BIOS 2407 No post with XMP enabled

Dan69
Level 8
Hi guys,

After testing my new system with the latest BIOS, I was not able to POST with XMP enabled. Downgrading to 2204 worked as intended. XMP also worked with out of the box version 1407.
I see in the changelog: "- Improved DRAM compatibility"

CPU: Ryzen 3950X
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X570-E
RAM: G.SKILL F4-3600C18-64GTZR

How do I report this to ASUS Developers to log this one as incompatible with the latest BIOS?

My ram: https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/166/1582537336/F4-3600C18D-64GTZR-Qvl
Is under the QVL List for this Motherboard.
10 REPLIES 10

RedSector73
Level 12
Make sure you have put your ram in slots 2 & 4 from the CPU.

RedSector73 wrote:
Make sure you have put your ram in slots 2 & 4 from the CPU.

Thanks RedSector73, my RAM is already in A2 B2 slots.

modreck
Level 7
I also your be the same problem and that the 4 modules are the same and I bought them so precisely for my 3900x ryzen, the solution was to download the bios to which it brought from factory and ready without any problems. And sorry for my English

My current bios is 1201 and everything ok

RedSector73
Level 12
Dan69 wrote:
How do I report this to ASUS Developers to log this one as incompatible with the latest BIOS?

My ram: https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/166/1582537336/F4-3600C18D-64GTZR-Qvl
Is under the QVL List for this Motherboard.

Hi, Dan

Dam, it's never something easy !

I recommend you go through ticket support. It may take a while but it gets to BIOS guys, and they are normally fairly fast to fix it.

Tried version 2606 in hopes that this fixed it. Nope.

Have emailed support with all my information.

I got the same issue. No post with the latest three BIOSes.

Welp, Support basically said "too bad, so sad" and are providing no assistance because its not on their "QVL". What a lazy response... This is how to lose a customer 101. I have reached out to G.SKILL tech support and politely asked them to re-evaluate their own QVL list displaying ASUS motherboards on here: https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/166/1582537336/F4-3600C18D-64GTZR-Qvl

My friend who had a similar issue with a Gigabyte board asked their support for help, which in return support acquired the same kit he was using to offer better support. In contrast, the response I got is a joke. $600 on this motherboard, $600 on a ram kit down the drain?

Response:
Please be informed that we have received the escalation feedback from the ASUS Internal Support Department regarding your case. According to them, Since the module is not on QVL we are unable to provide support. Only recommendation is to disable DOCP and confirm if you can run it with manual settings.

Hi Dan
Q: why do you need newer bios since old is giving you whatever you need?
Take it from a 12years ROG user {my 12yo Rampage Formula +q6600 still works ), i never update bios and rarely drivers unless something is not working;
with ASUS better is the enemy of good (or working)

alexmihaila wrote:
Hi Dan
Q: why do you need newer bios since old is giving you whatever you need?
Take it from a 12years ROG user {my 12yo Rampage Formula +q6600 still works ), i never update bios and rarely drivers unless something is not working;
with ASUS better is the enemy of good (or working)

Hey Alex,

I am being requested by ASUS support to upgrade to the latest bios over another issue with ErP. Additionally, since my system is unstable with the latest bios versions, I'm unable to take advantage of the latest changes. E.g. AM4 AGESA updates.

Doesn't seem really fitting to spend over $1k on mobo + ram combo to not be able to utilise the latest releases, however I understand where you are coming from.

Thanks.