Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    GL502VMK update bios - without battery damaged

    My BIOS is version 300. When trying to upgrade to version 308, it needs 20% battery with EZFlash(I've tried risky on EZFlash and it didn't work) or 15% with WinFlash, my battery has spoiled and is always at 0%. Any method to update without battery?
    Last edited by JefersonB; 07-24-2020 at 01:09 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    480

    Hello JefersonB,
    Please kindly send your device to service center to fix the battery issue first.
    Thank you.

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ASUS View Post
    Hello JefersonB,
    Please kindly send your device to service center to fix the battery issue first.
    Thank you.
    I live in Brazil, and have already gone through the warranty period, so I think this is not an option.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Reputation
    100
    Posts
    2,229

    Quote Originally Posted by JefersonB View Post
    I live in Brazil, and have already gone through the warranty period, so I think this is not an option.
    Hi JefersonB,
    No idea if this will work or how safe it is, but you may want to check the thread below regarding a different model with the similar situation.

    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116110-Unable-to-Bypass-Battery-Warning-While-Updating-BIOS-ROG-G751JT-solved


    Also, if your system is working okay, make sure you really need or want to update the bios since your system may not work anymore if something goes seriously wrong with the bios flash, or wait for a better time to try it if there is one.
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 07-24-2020 at 04:31 PM.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Hi JefersonB,
    No idea if this will work or how safe it is, but you may want to check the thread below regarding a different model with the similar situation.

    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116110-Unable-to-Bypass-Battery-Warning-While-Updating-BIOS-ROG-G751JT-solved


    Also, if your system is working okay, make sure you really need or want to update the bios since your system may not work anymore if something goes seriously wrong with the bios flash, or wait for a better time to try it if there is one.
    These methods did not work

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •