cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love Asus and ROG brand, but Amoury Crate is a miss.

nbtc971
Level 10
Every piece of hardware on my gaming PC that can be an Asus ROG product, is. That includes peripherals, keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc. I'm a fan. But their software team just isn't up to par with their hardware people. It looks great, but unfortunately, lipstick on a pig doesn't change the fact that it's still a pig.

Armoury Crate, while I'm sure some people install and don't have a problem with it, for me, was a big mess. And once I realized my mistake of leaving Armoury II behind, trying to get Crate off my system was quite the adventure. My problems, while I won't go into too much detail, included CSCRIPT.EXE windows popping up quite frequently while doing just about anything, but most glaringly while playing full screen games that would minimize to the taskbar while playing. Not good. Uninstalling Crate leaves all kinds of crap on your system, including services and scheduled tasks which took manual registry edits to completely remove.

Long story short, I would wait until there is a new major release and you hear some good things from the people in this forum. Right now however, my recommendation would be to keep using Armoury II, or nothing at all.

I'm sure there will be the usual defenders and I say, defend away. I love Asus too, but I can't turn a blind eye to bad products. Here are some ideas if you want to personally attack me.. I'm 52, slightly overweight and bald.
9 REPLIES 9

Arokhantos
Level 10
Hard to defend something that is broken to begin with.
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display

LordSabathan
Level 9
nbtc971 wrote:

My problems, while I won't go into too much detail, included CSCRIPT.EXE windows popping up quite frequently while doing just about anything, but most glaringly while playing full screen games that would minimize to the taskbar while playing.

Oh god i was wonder what is this alt and tab on games last week(was wondering its me missclick).
Thanks dude.

For the article...i personally like Rog Armory much much more.I dont know why they didnt focus on this interface /program.
Armory crate is so buggy and often something happen after restart ( device dissapear and appear, my gladius mouse keep showing it charging 24/7 then after random restart it show its charged ).I wish they could put some of the future from AI suite (controlling the fans of my aio ) so i can remove this Ai suite from my pc .

LordSabathan wrote:
Oh god i was wonder what is this alt and tab on games last week(was wondering its me missclick).
Thanks dude.

For the article...i personally like Rog Armory much much more.I dont know why they didnt focus on this interface /program.
Armory crate is so buggy and often something happen after restart ( device dissapear and appear, my gladius mouse keep showing it charging 24/7 then after random restart it show its charged ).I wish they could put some of the future from AI suite (controlling the fans of my aio ) so i can remove this Ai suite from my pc .

Hey glad I could help you track that down. I unfortunately had just installed Microsoft Edge when I updated Armoury Crate so I wasn't sure which it was, but after I managed to uninstall Edge (using Iobit Uninstaller thanks to Microsoft blocking uninstalls) I was still having the problem. After uninstalling Crate and figuring out how to remove all the crap it left beyind, I was no longer having CScript.exe windows popping up.

Arokhantos
Level 10
Well another update just hit lets hope they fixed main big issues
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display

if ur talking about 2020/07/17 update it still sucks

Arokhantos
Level 10
7/21 update just moment ago did't fix anything still does not load proper profile

Arokhantos
Level 10
Yesterday software glitched and let me set up to 500 leds per strip with strip 1 gen 1 and strip 2 gen 2 with strip 2 not applying correctly, i think the app is in such broken state that it does not know what to show on each page there for does not apply anything correctly

Exactly same situation here... Just spent few thousand dollars on ALL Asus HW (Everything... Including case, Aura terminal, strips, monitor ecc...), very very disappointed to see such a buggy software to control all this beautiful HW. Currently I can't access any device, can't set any adjustment to Pugio, Ryujin cooler or Claymore, basically a crappy HW with working SW make the job done... If this is the way Asus repays loyal customers, well... I can only say this is the last time... You really have to focus on decent SW and pull yourself toghether Asus. Expecially for who have payed A LOT of money for premium gaming HW.

Stedmister
Level 7
i really want to love this, but with it being pulled from the MS store and the amount of issues I been hearing. I just can't Aura Sync is OK, but I really was pleased with the lighting choices in Amory creme, but yeah, after some issues, I not sure if it was it or something else, I removed it. ASUS makes solid hardware, but I noticed they lack on the software side sadly.