cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Armoury Crate update now no Aura sync devices found [RESOLVED]

RoninWazza
Level 7
Hi all,

I installed the most recent Armoury Crate update, version 20/07/17 and now none of my Aura Sync compatible devices are found and show up.

My Monitor, Memory, Ryujin, Power Supply and the mother board itself normally appear but now, nothing.

Honestly, so many bloody issues with this software, it really is crap.

Suggestions please.

Thanks,
Warren
15 REPLIES 15

Snaptrap
Level 10
Suggestion. Buy different brand.

I absolutely will be purchasing another brand (when the time comes). Asus is not listening to it's customer base with decisions like this. This is extremely frustrating. All I want to do is set my RGB to a solid color and not touch it again. I dont want to have to run yet another app with tons of features that I dont need. I can remember when I first purchased my motherboard and shockingly realized armory crate was being pushed to the OS without my consent. If Asus is so desperate for money then charge more for your boards upfront and leave the data mining apps at the door.

and i have the same problem after update windows,does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Simdev
Level 7
RoninWazza wrote:
Hi all,

I installed the most recent Armoury Crate update, version 20/07/17 and now none of my Aura Sync compatible devices are found and show up.

My Monitor, Memory, Ryujin, Power Supply and the mother board itself normally appear but now, nothing.

Honestly, so many bloody issues with this software, it really is crap.

Suggestions please.

Thanks,
Warren

I have the same problem. I saw all of my components and suddenly everything disappeared. I reinstalled the app but still the same. Oh and when I click on Aura effect, the app just crash. This Armoury app is the worst garbage app I've ever seen and I built a full ROG PC :((
When I turn my PC on, my 3080's RGB goes full red and if I try to set it in Aura creator, the RGB just turns off and I have to reseat the VGA to make the RGB work again. I-AM-DEAD-F****NG-SERIOUS! I'll never EVER buy another Asus item. This is a complete Joke....

Simdev wrote:
I have the same problem. I saw all of my components and suddenly everything disappeared. I reinstalled the app but still the same. Oh and when I click on Aura effect, the app just crash. This Armoury app is the worst garbage app I've ever seen and I built a full ROG PC :((
When I turn my PC on, my 3080's RGB goes full red and if I try to set it in Aura creator, the RGB just turns off and I have to reseat the VGA to make the RGB work again. I-AM-DEAD-F****NG-SERIOUS! I'll never EVER buy another Asus item. This is a complete Joke....

Same problem with me!

LordSabathan
Level 9
I have the devices , but cant access them , and also i cant apply the latest Aura update from 10.30.2020.It says error 10 restart and try again.After multiple restarts and shut downs and unistall its all the same.Everything wich is available on RoG Armory is working fine.I like this software much more.Its 10 times more stable.I dont know why Asus not update and moving him insteate of armory crate

Did the intel ME update on driver bios page and same no devices now to sync and app crashes uninstalled with new uninstaller hoping fresh install fixes the issue.

Beauzinga_1
Level 7
I did a clean Install of Windows 10 and downloaded the Armoury Crate app via the AURA website. Everything was working perfectly until I updated the "Memory Device Kit / AURA Kit" under the Update Center tab. After that now my devices have all disappeared and if I select AURA Effects the app crashes.

Seems to be an issue with the latest AURA Kit update for Memory, well for me at least.

Anyone else notice this?

This could be the same issue as mine:
After countless reinstalls, restore point and backup restores I finally narrowed down the issue of Armoury Crate suddenly not recognizing anything (motherboard, RAM, addressable LED strips).

The "AURA lighting effect add-on" and "AURA lighting effect add-on x64" did get recently updated from 0.0.12 to 0.0.13 and the software just doesn't work with the .13 version anymore, even when using the uninstall tool and reinstalling. I will try to disable Asus Update to keep the working version.

EDIT: even after disabling every possible Asus update service it still updates and breaks.

I found this by unplugging the internet cable, restoring the restore point and Crate worked fine, even after a restart. After I plugged in a cable (not doing anything else) my install/uninstall guard (Ashampoo Uninstaller 😎 notified me of AURA lighting effect add-on being uninstalled. After the new version was installed, Crate immediately stopped recognizing my devices.

It's a shame, we can't download Armoury Crate components for offline installations, so we would be able to keep the working version around.