cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avatars are broken When will this be fixed?

sdmf74
Level 11
I dont know how many people this has affected but I have not been able to upload an avatar for over 2 months?
Anybody know why?

I know it is impossible to get a moderator or someone from Asus to help in the forum but I was curious as to why this is happening
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA
16 REPLIES 16

xeromist
In the moderator view I see a placeholder jpg filename in a field labeled avatar. Even when the avatar is "deleted" this field is still populated. I can't update it but that appears to be an indicator of profiles that have this issue. One suggestion I have is to go to the hardware profile and use the reset button there and save without any specs. I don't know if it clears the problematic field but it's part of that set of fields. So if someone could test that we'd know for sure. Make sure to make a copy of any entries you made so you can paste them back in easily after
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

sdmf74
Level 11
Im confused, not sure where you are talking about. You mean in edit profile under additional information (pc hardware fields)? or something else.

You can see in avatar it appears as if everything is working, I can delete profile & add a different one just fine, but it doesnt show up anywhere else in the forum.

Something wierd though in the about me section it shows avatar 00000000000000.jpg for some reason (shown highlighted in green) & I cant customize my date of birth etc. either

xeromist
Yes, the PC hardware fields. My thought is that if you use the reset feature it might also clear the 000000000000jpg out. No idea if it will actually work so just a guess.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Yes, the PC hardware fields. My thought is that if you use the reset feature it might also clear the 000000000000jpg out. No idea if it will actually work so just a guess.

Reset doesnt do anything. Since you are a moderator can you look into it or ask someone that can?

sdmf74 wrote:
Reset doesnt do anything. Since you are a moderator can you look into it or ask someone that can?

Wish I could. I don't work for ASUS so I don't have any further access beyond the moderator panel. Both of the primary forum admins have already read this thread so maybe it's on someone's list of things to do.

Sydneyblue
Level 7
same issue

Sydneyblue
Level 7
I wish we could get this issue resolved

sdmf74
Level 11
Its doubtful, it's been this way for this long and doesnt seem like anyone is taking the initiative on resolving it

sdmf74 wrote:
Its doubtful, it's been this way for this long and doesnt seem like anyone is taking the initiative on resolving it

Its clearly on there end because one day i logged in and i lost my picture. This web site seemed to not have a high level of traffic so things dont get attended to