cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix XG32VQ HDMI Problems

JimmyH
Level 10
When i try and load into Far Cry New Dawn, the screen of my XG32VQ disconnects from the HDMI (I get the sound) and then the monitor goes into standby. The game is going in the background as I hear the music, but I have to cycle the power on the monitor to get the HDMI to reaquire.

It has the latest graphics driver, and updates.
2 REPLIES 2

JimmyH
Level 10
The problem appears to be with either NVIDIA or WIndows 10. I am running Windows 10 Pro, a ROG Strix GTX1080 and now my new XG32VQ. Windows recommends 2560x1440 and the game tries to start in 2560x1440, however, the maximum my NVIDIA control panel allows is 1920 x 1080.

Is it something rediculous I am not aware of???

I have updated the latest monitor and graphics drivers.

JimmyH
Level 10
Well, I am going to answer my own problem I found by fault finding. It turned out to be the HDMI cable. When I purchased two of them for my original dual monitors, I ordered the top of the range able to do 4K, etc, obviously they were not. In my ignorance, I didn't even know at the time that their were different types. So for any young players out there or even old players, if you are going to purchase a Hi Res monitor, make sure you have the right HDMI cable. The one that comes with the monitor was not long enough for my set up.