cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NZXT AIO connected to CPU_FAN header, do I need to change QFAN settings in BIOS?

Sooshi
Level 7
I am using an NZXT H710i case that comes with its own Smart Device v2 (Fan/RGB controller) built in. I have my NZXT AIO connected to the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard. Should I set the QFAN's CPU_FAN speed to FULL SPEED and let NZXT's cam software handle the speeds? Because I think it's currently set to Standard.
4 REPLIES 4

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
You don't way your motherboard model, but the pump itself should be connected to the WPUMP header, the fans should be connected to the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT if dual fan. A motherboard will always be more effective and ramping up the fans than any manual configuration through software

I have an ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII Z490. Most people told me to connect the AIO to the CPU_FAN header. That's what it said in the AIO instructions as well. The fans are daisychained and connected to the built-in NZXT's Smart Device v2 controller.

Sooshi wrote:
I have an ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII Z490. Most people told me to connect the AIO to the CPU_FAN header. That's what it said in the AIO instructions as well. The fans are daisychained and connected to the built-in NZXT's Smart Device v2 controller.

That is how my Kraken X72 on a Maximus Hero XI WI-Fi is set up. Fan speeds are controlled via CAM.

Mountainlifter
Level 10
I use the kraken X53. What I found is that the AIO connector should be connected to the AIO_PUMP header on the MOBO.

The AIO connector in AIO_PUMP is only 2-pin (and not 3) and doesn't actually allow the Mobo to control it. The mobo can only read pump speed from it. So, it doesn't matter what speed profile you set for it in the bios. The actual control of the pump comes via its USB connection. So, I have to use NZXT cam to set pump speed profiles.

The radiator fans can be connected to CPU_FAN via a splitter. They can be controlled via the mobo's bios.

Hope this helps.