cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel DAL is enabling IP helper service!

empleat
Level 10
Hello,
i have a problem. I installed Intel Management Engine drivers and i have useless service - Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface service. I did some research and not sure, but it should be aimed for companies. I tried to disable this service in services.msc and disable IP Helper. However it turned on automatically, with IP Helper. I don't want tunneling IPv6 over IPv4. I contacted Intel and they said to contact motherboard manufacturer, because they adjust Intel drivers for their motherboards...

Also do i really need running Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management service? It says in description - provides OS-related Intel ME functionality. So this one may be needed!

Please help.
11 REPLIES 11

XYchromosone
Level 10
empleat wrote:
Hello,
i have a problem. I installed Intel Management Engine drivers and i have useless service - Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface service. I did some research and not sure, but it should be aimed for companies. I tried to disable this service in services.msc and disable IP Helper. However it turned on automatically, with IP Helper. I don't want tunneling IPv6 over IPv4. I contacted Intel and they said to contact motherboard manufacturer, because they adjust Intel drivers for their motherboards...

Also do i really need running Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management service? It says in description - provides OS-related Intel ME functionality. So this one may be needed!

Please help.

What exact driver did you install?

I installed: "MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529". From some link provided: by a forum MVP. Because setup on page of motherboard didn't work. And he said to install drivers from there. I would like to disable permanently IP Helper, but it is turning on, because it is in requirements of that service. Whereas Intel Management and Security Application Local Management service, doesn't have IP Helper in requirements.

empleat wrote:
I installed: "MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529". From some link provided: by a forum MVP. Because setup on page of motherboard didn't work. And he said to install drivers from there. I would like to disable permanently IP Helper, but it is turning on, because it is in requirements of that service. Whereas Intel Management and Security Application Local Management service, doesn't have IP Helper in requirements.

Hi,

Please take this post into account and follow the process "If you are an Intel 1xx/2xx/3xx series chipsets users and imposed SWCs (DAL, ICLS & LMS) bother you".

XYchromosone
Level 10
What motherboard do you have? Maybe if you install just the ME driver via Device Manager > Have Disk option it will not install all the other bells and whistles. If you unzip the MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 file you downloaded and look for a driver folder and point Device Manager > Update Driver > Have Disk to the inf file in the driver folder, if one exists. But you need to first uninstall MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 via apps and features first, after making sure there's a driver folder in the MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 file. Use 7zip [ https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1900-x64.exe] to extract the file to a folder to find a Windows 10, x64 "driver" folder [or similar].

If you post the link to the MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 file I could take a look.

XYchromosone wrote:
What motherboard do you have? Maybe if you install just the ME driver via Device Manager > Have Disk option it will not install all the other bells and whistles. If you unzip the MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 file you downloaded and look for a driver folder and point Device Manager > Update Driver > Have Disk to the inf file in the driver folder, if one exists. But you need to first uninstall MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 via apps and features first, after making sure there's a driver folder in the MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 file. Use 7zip [ https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1900-x64.exe] to extract the file to a folder to find a Windows 10, x64 "driver" folder [or similar].

If you post the link to the MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 file I could take a look.

Hmm it seems there was an update: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117609
Under Intel ME, there is in name:"drivers with software component", after this follows (drivers only): and than there is only one download. I don't understand this.

empleat wrote:
empleat wrote:
Hmm it seems there was an update: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117609
Under Intel ME, there is in name:"drivers with software component", after this follows (drivers only): and than there is only one download. I don't understand this.

Hi,

The install order of these SWC drivers is initied/imposed by Intel MEI drivers itself which is from latest drivers branch (Intel 4xx series chipsets ready).

So, take this post into account and follow the process corresponding to your case ("You are an Intel 1xx/2xx/3xx series chipsets users and imposed SWCs bother you") :
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117609-DRIVERS-Intel-Chipset-MEI-SATA-(1xx-2xx-3xx-4xx)/pa...

empleat wrote:

Then you are in the correct section. You should simply choose the "Intel MEI Drivers with SoftwareComponent Drivers (Drivers Only) : " "Download link" file at the bottom of that section. You will download a file called "MEI_Intel_v2021.14.0.1615.7z". Use 7zip to unzip the file. 7zip is a great free program download it from:

https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1900-x64.exe [that's the latest stable version] and install it.

To install "MEI_Intel_v2021.14.0.1615.7z" create a new folder and paste it there. Then right click it and choose 7zip > Extract here" and then run "install.cmd" to install the drivers. However, make sure to first uninstall previous Intel MEI drivers and software before installing this drivers only package. I don't know what motherboard you have so I don't know what exact "essential" components might be installed.

Did this help?

XYchromosone wrote:
Then you are in the correct section. You should simply choose the "Intel MEI Drivers with SoftwareComponent Drivers (Drivers Only) : " "Download link" file at the bottom of that section. You will download a file called "MEI_Intel_v2021.14.0.1615.7z". Use 7zip to unzip the file. 7zip is a great free program download it from:

https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1900-x64.exe [that's the latest stable version] and install it.

To install "MEI_Intel_v2021.14.0.1615.7z" create a new folder and paste it there. Then right click it and choose 7zip > Extract here" and then run "install.cmd" to install the drivers. However, make sure to first uninstall previous Intel MEI drivers and software before installing this drivers only package. I don't know what motherboard you have so I don't know what exact "essential" components might be installed.

Did this help?

I downloaded drivers from there and they already included chipset device software and installed these services... Because Intel Me UpdateTool from support site of my motherboard didn't work on! Not sure if this driver, is any different!

empleat wrote:
I downloaded drivers from there and they already included chipset device software and installed these services... Because Intel Me UpdateTool from support site of my motherboard didn't work on! Not sure if this driver, is any different!

Was the file from your motherboard support site the ME firmware update tool? because you might be confusing the firmware update file with the ME driver file? The firmware update file does not install any drivers or software, it updates the ME firmware part of the BIOS of the motherboard. Could you please tell us your motherboard model, so i/we can get a better understanding of your question, and the link to the Intel Me UpdateTool from your support site, if you can.