Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    66

    Exclamation Intel DAL is enabling IP helper service!

    Hello,
    i have a problem. I installed Intel Management Engine drivers and i have useless service - Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface service. I did some research and not sure, but it should be aimed for companies. I tried to disable this service in services.msc and disable IP Helper. However it turned on automatically, with IP Helper. I don't want tunneling IPv6 over IPv4. I contacted Intel and they said to contact motherboard manufacturer, because they adjust Intel drivers for their motherboards...

    Also do i really need running Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management service? It says in description - provides OS-related Intel ME functionality. So this one may be needed!

    Please help.

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array XYchromosone PC Specs
    XYchromosone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximux XI Extreme [BIOS 1602]
    Processori9 9900KS
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB CL17 3600MHz 32GB [4x8]
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix Gaming GTX 1080Ti 11GB
    MonitorAOC AGON AG271QG 27" 144Hz [165Hz OC]
    Storage #12 X Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD [DIMM.2_1+ DIMM.2_2]
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500GB SATA 3
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360 Premium AIO
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard RAZER Blackwidow X Tournament Chroma
    Mouse RAZER Lancehead [ambidextrous] Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser RS165 Wireless
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser CX 100 inner ear headphones
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 + Ubuntu Studio 20.04
    Network RouterASUS DSL-AC68U
    XYchromosone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    30
    Posts
    332

    Quote Originally Posted by empleat View Post
    Hello,
    i have a problem. I installed Intel Management Engine drivers and i have useless service - Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface service. I did some research and not sure, but it should be aimed for companies. I tried to disable this service in services.msc and disable IP Helper. However it turned on automatically, with IP Helper. I don't want tunneling IPv6 over IPv4. I contacted Intel and they said to contact motherboard manufacturer, because they adjust Intel drivers for their motherboards...

    Also do i really need running Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management service? It says in description - provides OS-related Intel ME functionality. So this one may be needed!

    Please help.
    What exact driver did you install?

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    66

    I installed: "MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529". From some link provided: by a forum MVP. Because setup on page of motherboard didn't work. And he said to install drivers from there. I would like to disable permanently IP Helper, but it is turning on, because it is in requirements of that service. Whereas Intel Management and Security Application Local Management service, doesn't have IP Helper in requirements.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array XYchromosone PC Specs
    XYchromosone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximux XI Extreme [BIOS 1602]
    Processori9 9900KS
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB CL17 3600MHz 32GB [4x8]
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix Gaming GTX 1080Ti 11GB
    MonitorAOC AGON AG271QG 27" 144Hz [165Hz OC]
    Storage #12 X Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD [DIMM.2_1+ DIMM.2_2]
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500GB SATA 3
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360 Premium AIO
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard RAZER Blackwidow X Tournament Chroma
    Mouse RAZER Lancehead [ambidextrous] Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser RS165 Wireless
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser CX 100 inner ear headphones
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 + Ubuntu Studio 20.04
    Network RouterASUS DSL-AC68U
    XYchromosone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    30
    Posts
    332

    What motherboard do you have? Maybe if you install just the ME driver via Device Manager > Have Disk option it will not install all the other bells and whistles. If you unzip the MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 file you downloaded and look for a driver folder and point Device Manager > Update Driver > Have Disk to the inf file in the driver folder, if one exists. But you need to first uninstall MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 via apps and features first, after making sure there's a driver folder in the MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 file. Use 7zip [ https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1900-x64.exe] to extract the file to a folder to find a Windows 10, x64 "driver" folder [or similar].

    If you post the link to the MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 file I could take a look.
    Last edited by XYchromosone; 07-25-2020 at 02:03 PM.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    66

    Quote Originally Posted by XYchromosone View Post
    What motherboard do you have? Maybe if you install just the ME driver via Device Manager > Have Disk option it will not install all the other bells and whistles. If you unzip the MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 file you downloaded and look for a driver folder and point Device Manager > Update Driver > Have Disk to the inf file in the driver folder, if one exists. But you need to first uninstall MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 via apps and features first, after making sure there's a driver folder in the MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 file. Use 7zip [ https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1900-x64.exe] to extract the file to a folder to find a Windows 10, x64 "driver" folder [or similar].

    If you post the link to the MEI_Intel_v2013.14.0.1529 file I could take a look.
    Hmm it seems there was an update: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117609
    Under Intel ME, there is in name:"drivers with software component", after this follows (drivers only): and than there is only one download. I don't understand this.

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array XYchromosone PC Specs
    XYchromosone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximux XI Extreme [BIOS 1602]
    Processori9 9900KS
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB CL17 3600MHz 32GB [4x8]
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix Gaming GTX 1080Ti 11GB
    MonitorAOC AGON AG271QG 27" 144Hz [165Hz OC]
    Storage #12 X Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD [DIMM.2_1+ DIMM.2_2]
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500GB SATA 3
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360 Premium AIO
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard RAZER Blackwidow X Tournament Chroma
    Mouse RAZER Lancehead [ambidextrous] Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser RS165 Wireless
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser CX 100 inner ear headphones
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 + Ubuntu Studio 20.04
    Network RouterASUS DSL-AC68U
    XYchromosone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    30
    Posts
    332

    Quote Originally Posted by empleat View Post
    Hmm it seems there was an update: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117609
    Under Intel ME, there is in name:"drivers with software component", after this follows (drivers only): and than there is only one download. I don't understand this.
    Then you are in the correct section. You should simply choose the "Intel MEI Drivers with SoftwareComponent Drivers (Drivers Only) : " "Download link" file at the bottom of that section. You will download a file called "MEI_Intel_v2021.14.0.1615.7z". Use 7zip to unzip the file. 7zip is a great free program download it from:

    https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1900-x64.exe [that's the latest stable version] and install it.

    To install "MEI_Intel_v2021.14.0.1615.7z" create a new folder and paste it there. Then right click it and choose 7zip > Extract here" and then run "install.cmd" to install the drivers. However, make sure to first uninstall previous Intel MEI drivers and software before installing this drivers only package. I don't know what motherboard you have so I don't know what exact "essential" components might be installed.

    Did this help?
    Last edited by XYchromosone; 07-29-2020 at 03:17 AM.

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    66

    Quote Originally Posted by XYchromosone View Post
    Then you are in the correct section. You should simply choose the "Intel MEI Drivers with SoftwareComponent Drivers (Drivers Only) : " "Download link" file at the bottom of that section. You will download a file called "MEI_Intel_v2021.14.0.1615.7z". Use 7zip to unzip the file. 7zip is a great free program download it from:

    https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1900-x64.exe [that's the latest stable version] and install it.

    To install "MEI_Intel_v2021.14.0.1615.7z" create a new folder and paste it there. Then right click it and choose 7zip > Extract here" and then run "install.cmd" to install the drivers. However, make sure to first uninstall previous Intel MEI drivers and software before installing this drivers only package. I don't know what motherboard you have so I don't know what exact "essential" components might be installed.

    Did this help?
    I downloaded drivers from there and they already included chipset device software and installed these services... Because Intel Me UpdateTool from support site of my motherboard didn't work on! Not sure if this driver, is any different!

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array XYchromosone PC Specs
    XYchromosone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximux XI Extreme [BIOS 1602]
    Processori9 9900KS
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB CL17 3600MHz 32GB [4x8]
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix Gaming GTX 1080Ti 11GB
    MonitorAOC AGON AG271QG 27" 144Hz [165Hz OC]
    Storage #12 X Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD [DIMM.2_1+ DIMM.2_2]
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500GB SATA 3
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360 Premium AIO
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard RAZER Blackwidow X Tournament Chroma
    Mouse RAZER Lancehead [ambidextrous] Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser RS165 Wireless
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser CX 100 inner ear headphones
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 + Ubuntu Studio 20.04
    Network RouterASUS DSL-AC68U
    XYchromosone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    30
    Posts
    332

    Quote Originally Posted by empleat View Post
    I downloaded drivers from there and they already included chipset device software and installed these services... Because Intel Me UpdateTool from support site of my motherboard didn't work on! Not sure if this driver, is any different!
    Was the file from your motherboard support site the ME firmware update tool? because you might be confusing the firmware update file with the ME driver file? The firmware update file does not install any drivers or software, it updates the ME firmware part of the BIOS of the motherboard. Could you please tell us your motherboard model, so i/we can get a better understanding of your question, and the link to the Intel Me UpdateTool from your support site, if you can.

  9. #9
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    66

    Quote Originally Posted by XYchromosone View Post
    Was the file from your motherboard support site the ME firmware update tool? because you might be confusing the firmware update file with the ME driver file? The firmware update file does not install any drivers or software, it updates the ME firmware part of the BIOS of the motherboard. Could you please tell us your motherboard model, so i/we can get a better understanding of your question, and the link to the Intel Me UpdateTool from your support site, if you can.
    No it wasn't update tool, because it didn't work. It was this i think: Intel MEI Drivers with SoftwareComponent Drivers (Drivers Only).
    I disabled IP Helper in msconfig - i totally forget about this and now it seems to be off, will see yet.

  10. #10
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    66

    It didnt help

    I thought disabling IP helper in msconfig helped. Services wasn't running awhile. But now ip helper is running again. Intel DAL needs it, but intel dal is not core intel engine service, it is something for enterprises. I don't know why it is included in desktop drivers... And intel dal service was also not running. How do i prevent IP Helper from being automatically turned on by Intel Engine DAL.
    Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •