cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram corsair dominator gt 2000 (CMT6GX3M3A2000C8) which dimm sockets will use?

Tulamat
Level 7
Hi at all, I`m new!!
Tomorrow come to me a new mobo asus rampage IV extreme!!
I have (from my old last pc with mobo asus rampage II extreme) the ram corsair dominator gt 2000 CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 (is reported at page 9 in the official list - R4E_pdf - about ram from official asus qualified vendor list) but the modules are 3 (3 x 2gb), my question is only one: IN WHICH DIMM SOCKETS I must to will install?
In the manual there are only for 1(dimm_d1), 2(dimm_d1 and dimm_b1), 4 ecc., 6 ecc. and 8 all modules but not for 3!!
Please help me!!
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english!!
See you later!
Oscar
6 REPLIES 6

VistaKing
Level 9
I don't have the motherboard yet . But see if you could Install the modules into slots A1/B1/B2 .

Created by DaemonCantor and Adam

Gman257
Level 10
Quad channel memory is recommended, which means 4 DIMM's.
Silverstone RAVEN RV02B-EW
Intel 4770K
Maximus VI Impact-Motherboard
Corsair 240AIR
Kingston HyperBeast 2400Mhz 8GB-Menmory
Seasonic 1000w Platinum
Samsung PRO SSD 256GB x 2
Corsair SP2500
ASUS MARS GTX 760x2
ASUS VE258Q
PrecisionHD Cam.
CORSAIR K95 RGB
Corsair K65 RGB

I don't think it'll work with 3sticks. What the manual it means that you can use that kit's memory only in the 2stick/4stick/6stick/8stick config that it has tested with.

If you have 3 sticks it will not run with 3 sticks. If you look at the 6 stick config for Triple channel, it shows 6 sticks, 4 in the RED lanes and 2 in the Black, so it won't work with 3 sticks.

I have 2 of these kits which gives me 6sticks and I could have ran all 6sticks to get 12GB of memory but I didn't want them in Triple Channel. So I'm only running mine with 8GB of memory which is fine since I'm mostly gaming right now, but at least their in Quad Channel. I'll be upgrading to the 16GB Dominator GT 2133s later, might get 2 of those kits.

It's a good thing my Brother has a X58 Rampage 3 Formula which only currently has 6GB of the same memory, which means when I upgrade, I can give him one of my sets to boost him up to 12GB and I'll just have 6GB (1kit) of this memory to either make a tiny Rampage 3 Gene setup for something or sell the memory (left over kit).

HiVizMan
Level 40
Those sticks are for the X58 platform as you know. They are very good sticks for the X58 platform. They will work best with the RIVE if you only use two (2) and not use the third one.

There are some profiles in the memory tweaking section for hypers and your sticks should still be hypers.

You will have to play around with your settings to get the best out of them.

Ideally I would suggest getting hold of a quad kit specifically for the RIVE board. Save yourself a whole world of pain in the process.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Raja
Level 13
InnervateD wrote:
I don't think it'll work with 3sticks. What the manual it means that you can use that kit's memory only in the 2stick/4stick/6stick/8stick config that it has tested with.

If you have 3 sticks it will not run with 3 sticks. If you look at the 6 stick config for Triple channel, it shows 6 sticks, 4 in the RED lanes and 2 in the Black, so it won't work with 3 sticks.

I have 2 of these kits which gives me 6sticks and I could have ran all 6sticks to get 12GB of memory but I didn't want them in Triple Channel. So I'm only running mine with 8GB of memory which is fine since I'm mostly gaming right now, but at least their in Quad Channel. I'll be upgrading to the 16GB Dominator GT 2133s later, might get 2 of those kits.

It's a good thing my Brother has a X58 Rampage 3 Formula which only currently has 6GB of the same memory, which means when I upgrade, I can give him one of my sets to boost him up to 12GB and I'll just have 6GB (1kit) of this memory to either make a tiny Rampage 3 Gene setup for something or sell the memory (left over kit).

Three sticks will work, just a bit harder to get stable is all.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Three sticks will work, just a bit harder to get stable is all.

that's right, I've try the three stick on RIVE already, I install that on Dimm D2, Dimm D1, Dimm C1. and it work, but as you say, "it just a bit harder to get stable" 😄

btw, cek your PM, I've a Question for you about the RIVE. 😄

@Tulamat
I recommended to just use 2 sticks of your RAM, and keep your 1 stick left. then try to hunt a single stick that match with your triple sticks already. hope you can find it 😄 Cheers