Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    11

    How do I uninstall armory crate? [RESOLVED]

    Whenever I try to uninstall from Windows I get a language prompt that is not in English. I also see other people complaining that they have to dig into windows registry in order to fully uninstall all the drivers. I don't understand why it has to be so hard to uninstall armoury crate... Does anybody have a guide?

  2. #2
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by happyluckbox View Post
    Whenever I try to uninstall from Windows I get a language prompt that is not in English. I also see other people complaining that they have to dig into windows registry in order to fully uninstall all the drivers. I don't understand why it has to be so hard to uninstall armoury crate... Does anybody have a guide?
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/104...Uninstallation

  3. #3
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    96

    From my own experience if you uninstall it and all services it comes with wont reinstall properly again they really need to provide a uninstaller that actually cleans it up properly without breaking future reinstallation.

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array MadaDETuge PC Specs
    MadaDETuge PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus XI Hero (WIFI)
    ProcessorIntel I7-9700k
    Memory (part number)Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB 16GB (4 x 8GB) 3200
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX 3090
    CPU CoolerROG RYUJIN 360
    CaseROG Strix Helio
    Power SupplyROG THOR 850P
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare
    Headset ROG theta 7.1
    OS Windows

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    29

    Quote Originally Posted by happyluckbox View Post
    Whenever I try to uninstall from Windows I get a language prompt that is not in English. I also see other people complaining that they have to dig into windows registry in order to fully uninstall all the drivers. I don't understand why it has to be so hard to uninstall armoury crate... Does anybody have a guide?
    What I heard is that Asus is gonna develop and publish an "Armoury Crate Uninstaller: within the next two weeks. You can either wait for the uninstaller or try to learn some Chinese. Lol, it's a useful life skill for you. You can either use "Revo Uninstaller" to uninstall anything that is associate with Asus

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array nbtc971 PC Specs
    nbtc971 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VII Hero
    Processori7-4790K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance® Pro Series — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2400MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG278QR
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro Series Internal SATA III 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 450D
    Power SupplyCorsair ATX AX860i 860 Watt
    Mouse Corsair M65
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 800
    OS Windows 10 64-bit
    nbtc971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    55

    Quote Originally Posted by MadaDETuge View Post
    What I heard is that Asus is gonna develop and publish an "Armoury Crate Uninstaller: within the next two weeks. You can either wait for the uninstaller or try to learn some Chinese. Lol, it's a useful life skill for you. You can either use "Revo Uninstaller" to uninstall anything that is associate with Asus
    Not to doubt you but, where did you hear about an uninstaller? Can I have a link or something I'd like to review it.

  6. #6
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    96

    Uninstaller is something app should include by default right in app uninstall section where it uninstalls and cleans all remnants without breaking future install, the point of uninstalling is to reinstall sometimes where it works just like intended out of the box not using any previous settings that had issues for example

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array MadaDETuge PC Specs
    MadaDETuge PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus XI Hero (WIFI)
    ProcessorIntel I7-9700k
    Memory (part number)Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB 16GB (4 x 8GB) 3200
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX 3090
    CPU CoolerROG RYUJIN 360
    CaseROG Strix Helio
    Power SupplyROG THOR 850P
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare
    Headset ROG theta 7.1
    OS Windows

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    29

    Quote Originally Posted by nbtc971 View Post
    Not to doubt you but, where did you hear about an uninstaller? Can I have a link or something I'd like to review it.
    I'm in a Chinese customer Feedback online group led by Asus. The engineer told me that there are many issues happening because we accidentally delete something we shouldn't during the uninstalling process so they decided to make an uninstaller. Once they publish it to us, I will post it here. The latest news is that they are testing the uninstaller rn.

  8. #8
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    96

    Asus rep should post uninstaller them self makes it more trust worthy

  9. #9
    Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    117
    Posts
    1,688

    An uninstaller is in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by nbtc971 View Post
    Not to doubt you but, where did you hear about an uninstaller? Can I have a link or something I'd like to review it.

  10. #10
    ROG Enthusiast Array nbtc971 PC Specs
    nbtc971 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VII Hero
    Processori7-4790K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance® Pro Series — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2400MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG278QR
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro Series Internal SATA III 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 450D
    Power SupplyCorsair ATX AX860i 860 Watt
    Mouse Corsair M65
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 800
    OS Windows 10 64-bit
    nbtc971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    55

    Quote Originally Posted by MadaDETuge View Post
    I'm in a Chinese customer Feedback online group led by Asus. The engineer told me that there are many issues happening because we accidentally delete something we shouldn't during the uninstalling process so they decided to make an uninstaller. Once they publish it to us, I will post it here. The latest news is that they are testing the uninstaller rn.
    Thanks to you and MasterC.

    I think I got most of it using a registry tool to search out keywords and remove, but I doubt I got 100% of it. Would be nice to have an official uninstaller that works.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •