cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I uninstall armory crate? [RESOLVED]

happyluckbox
Level 8
Whenever I try to uninstall from Windows I get a language prompt that is not in English. I also see other people complaining that they have to dig into windows registry in order to fully uninstall all the drivers. I don't understand why it has to be so hard to uninstall armoury crate... Does anybody have a guide?
30 REPLIES 30

sebsolace
Level 9
happyluckbox wrote:
Whenever I try to uninstall from Windows I get a language prompt that is not in English. I also see other people complaining that they have to dig into windows registry in order to fully uninstall all the drivers. I don't understand why it has to be so hard to uninstall armoury crate... Does anybody have a guide?

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041654/#1.%20[Armoury%20Crate]%20Installation/Uninstallation

Arokhantos
Level 10
From my own experience if you uninstall it and all services it comes with wont reinstall properly again they really need to provide a uninstaller that actually cleans it up properly without breaking future reinstallation.
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display

MadaDETuge
Level 7
happyluckbox wrote:

What I heard is that Asus is gonna develop and publish an "Armoury Crate Uninstaller: within the next two weeks. You can either wait for the uninstaller or try to learn some Chinese. Lol, it's a useful life skill for you. You can either use "Revo Uninstaller" to uninstall anything that is associate with Asus

MadaDETuge wrote:
What I heard is that Asus is gonna develop and publish an "Armoury Crate Uninstaller: within the next two weeks. You can either wait for the uninstaller or try to learn some Chinese. Lol, it's a useful life skill for you. You can either use "Revo Uninstaller" to uninstall anything that is associate with Asus

Not to doubt you but, where did you hear about an uninstaller? Can I have a link or something I'd like to review it.

nbtc971 wrote:
Not to doubt you but, where did you hear about an uninstaller? Can I have a link or something I'd like to review it.

I'm in a Chinese customer Feedback online group led by Asus. The engineer told me that there are many issues happening because we accidentally delete something we shouldn't during the uninstalling process so they decided to make an uninstaller. Once they publish it to us, I will post it here. The latest news is that they are testing the uninstaller rn.

MadaDETuge wrote:
I'm in a Chinese customer Feedback online group led by Asus. The engineer told me that there are many issues happening because we accidentally delete something we shouldn't during the uninstalling process so they decided to make an uninstaller. Once they publish it to us, I will post it here. The latest news is that they are testing the uninstaller rn.

Thanks to you and MasterC.

I think I got most of it using a registry tool to search out keywords and remove, but I doubt I got 100% of it. Would be nice to have an official uninstaller that works.

An uninstaller is in the works 😄

nbtc971 wrote:

MasterC@ROG wrote:
An uninstaller is in the works 😄

Following this up; is the uninstaller still coming? Any idea when? I'd rather avoid a reinstall of my Windows just to get Armoury Crate working.

Arokhantos
Level 10
Uninstaller is something app should include by default right in app uninstall section where it uninstalls and cleans all remnants without breaking future install, the point of uninstalling is to reinstall sometimes where it works just like intended out of the box not using any previous settings that had issues for example
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display