New ROGer Array

[Hero XI] PC will start up again, after shutting down correctly.

Hello folks!

You can't imagine how annoyed I am since two days now. I just can't fix this issue

I bought me a new webcam and noticed some trouble, had to re-plug it after every new start. So I decided to install the newest Bios 1502 Update for the Maximus XI Hero. Well, it didn't solve the problem with the webcam for me but since I've installed the new Bios my Computer won't stay shut down. It is off for like 2 seconds and then will boot up again, as if you are pushing the power button at an turned off tower.
    I have tried everything I could find on the internet, nothing helped. Also installed the older 1401 Bios again but it still stayed this way. I remember that I had this problem at the very beginning in 2018 but solved it with the "Erp S5 Mode" enabled. Well this doesn't work either. It also happens when the RJ45 cable in not plugged in, so it also is not a network issue. But to be safe I have also disabled the "wake up function" in its settings.

Can anyone please help me? I am a little autist and it really annoys me to death...

best regards,

gitti
    Last edited by gitti; 07-22-2020 at 08:40 PM.

New ROGer Array

really no one has a clue or a suggestion? am i the only one whos Hero XI starts up again after a correct shutdown?

ROG Enthusiast Array howxcore PC Specs
    howxcore PC Specs
    MotherboardMaxims XI Hero- Wifi
    ProcessorCore I9 9900k 5.0 ghz
    Memory (part number)G.skill tridentz rgb 3600mhz 32gb
    Graphics Card #1msi rtx 2080ti trio x Gaming
    Sound CardSound Blaster X AE-5
    MonitorViewsonic XG270QG, BENQ PD3200U
    Storage #1970 evo m.2 1tb
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra 3D SSD 2TB
    CPU Coolernzxt kraken x62
    Casenzxt 700i
    Power Supplyseasonic titanium 1000w
    Keyboard logitech g915 TKL
    Mouse logitech g502
    Headset Logitech G935 wireless
    Mouse Pad ICEMAT
    Headset/Speakers logitech z5500
    OS windows 10 pro 2004

its a haunted motherboard dude...

I would set everything to optimal defaults and try, if all fails..

rma the board.

New ROGer Array

it really seems to be haunted since I have tried everything I could find on the internet.

RMA is not an option. would take too long time. I hope that there will come out a good Bios one day from Asus. They need to employee guys with a clue, not those amateurs.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by gitti View Post
    it really seems to be haunted since I have tried everything I could find on the internet.

RMA is not an option. would take too long time. I hope that there will come out a good Bios one day from Asus. They need to employee guys with a clue, not those amateurs.
    Have you left the new webcam unplugged to see if it still start on its own? I have the same MB and I have never had that issue with any of the bios restarting or turning on the PC so I do not think it is that.

It sounds more like a short somewhere or something is going bad. The fact you have to re-plug in the webcam make me think it is the webcam or a usb port issue.

ROG Junior Member Array

try going to device management then looking for that device + other usb + network adapters and going to properties then power management and uncheck the stuff in there