cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claymore Keyboard RGB stops if you use Escape key. [RESOLVED]

itz_zarz
Level 7
WHEN my ASUS Aura is working, which lately has not been much, if i hit escape, it unsyncs the claymore from the RGB and goes to pure bright white and the function left/right don't change profile. Is there a fix for this? Pretty pricey keyboard to have it not work right.
9 REPLIES 9

nuktari
Level 7
I've been having the same issue for a little while now too.

When I asked Asus about it, they wanted me to send the keyboard in for RMA despite it purely being a software/firmware issue.

I just received my new Claymore from Asus RMA after a firmware issue with my last one and the ESC key stops the claymore Aura Sync feature. I dont see this as a hotkey for Sync why is this happening ?

I guess we just have to hope and pray that it's fixed with the next firmware update for the Claymore keyboard.
Had this board for nearly two years, and this is the first time an issue has come up, and stayed persistent.

Got exactly the same problem.. Only respond ive gotten from asus customer support is to return keyboard to the store for warranty processing, which in my honest opinion is quite stupid since this is software issue

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have your log. We will look into this, thanks for reporting it.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Since factory reset (Fn+ESC) on the Claymore is disabled when in Aura Sync mode, ESC was a method for users to exit Aura Sync mode quickly. We can see that ESC is used far too often for such a function and so we have removed it. ESC will no longer disable Aura Sync. If you need to do a factory reset, please disable Aura Sync manually. Thanks.

Lookin good, MasterC

Tested, latest update fixed the issues regarding ESC killing aura functions.

Thanks a lot, to you and the ROG Team.

Can also confirm its working now.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Since factory reset (Fn+ESC) on the Claymore is disabled when in Aura Sync mode, ESC was a method for users to exit Aura Sync mode quickly. We can see that ESC is used far too often for such a function and so we have removed it. ESC will no longer disable Aura Sync. If you need to do a factory reset, please disable Aura Sync manually. Thanks.

Thank you! yes most games i play all use esc for the menu systems. it was annoying having my RGB messed up while gaming.