Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Stopping the services does nothing for me, crate just wont update anything. I got the offending HAL Aac from the programdata folder and backed it up. But manually installing/uninstalling that does not change anything. The problem seems to be with the services themselves I suspect, they will not work with the HAl they install.

ROG Enthusiast Array N00b1nat0r PC Specs
    N00b1nat0r PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel I7 4930K
    Memory (part number)CMD32GX3M4A2133C9
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    MonitorAsus 23" 3D + 2x Dell 24"
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung Evo 500GB
    CPU CoolerASUS Strix LC 120
    CaseAntec 1200 V3
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platnum
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-68u

Did you stop the services, uninstall the HAL, then reboot/restart the services and check for updates etc? Do no reinstall the HAL as it needs to be uninstalled for this to work...
    Antec 1200, Asus Rampage IV Formula, EVGA 1300w PSU, Intel i7 4930K, ASUS Strix LC 120 Cooler, Asus 1070 OC 8gb X2, 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Dominator 2133Mhz DDR3 Quad Channel RAM, Samsung Evo SSD 500gb x2, Samsung Evo SSD 250gb , 2 x WD Velociraptor, Windows 10 Pro

New ROGer Array

Yeah I did, it's the same as before, claims to install but then just says the update is still available and nothing works.

The manual install/uninstall with the aac file seems to make no difference in my case. I have to assume the problem is with crate or the other services.

N00b1nat0r PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel I7 4930K
    CaseAntec 1200 V3
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300 G2
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    OS Windows 10 Pro

try uninstalling crate with the HAL uninstalled then a new reinstall
    Antec 1200, Asus Rampage IV Formula, EVGA 1300w PSU, Intel i7 4930K, ASUS Strix LC 120 Cooler, Asus 1070 OC 8gb X2, 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Dominator 2133Mhz DDR3 Quad Channel RAM, Samsung Evo SSD 500gb x2, Samsung Evo SSD 250gb , 2 x WD Velociraptor, Windows 10 Pro

New ROGer Array

Ok, I tried this.

I Uninstalled everything from ASUS, deleted every folder that's left behind (and this is crazy how much it does leave). I deleted every mention of Asus from the registry. Made sure every HAL AAC is uninstalled.

It's as close to a clean Windows install as I can get it. And this should never be required in the first place.

But, it's still the same. Won't work. It seems it breaks differently for different devices.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley_07 View Post
    Ok, I tried this.

I Uninstalled everything from ASUS, deleted every folder that's left behind (and this is crazy how much it does leave). I deleted every mention of Asus from the registry. Made sure every HAL AAC is uninstalled.

It's as close to a clean Windows install as I can get it. And this should never be required in the first place.

But, it's still the same. Won't work. It seems it breaks differently for different devices.
    There some hidden folders to like C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\B9ECED6F.ArmouryCrate_3.1.5.0_x6 4__qmba6cd70vzyy
    There really should be a uninstaller for this.
    If never managed to try uninstall it manually like first via add and remove and then clean up all folders and registery, it just breaks upon reinstallation even if i only remove it via add and remove which is quite funny and depressing at the same time.
    Last edited by FlufflePuff1337; 09-21-2020 at 09:30 AM.

New ROGer Array

Yeah, I deleted everything I possibly can, related to ASUS including hidden programdata and appdata folders. I have to assume that is not the problem, but I will not reinstall Windows over this. I'd rather just get another KB from someone who makes working software if this never works again.

But that's the most frustrating part, the Keyboard itself is totally fine, it's the software that is bad beyond belief. But at the same time I have to wonder, does it work well for most people since the state of the software is not more widely known? Yeah this forum and Asus reddit is full of complaints but that's it.

N00b1nat0r PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel I7 4930K
    CaseAntec 1200 V3
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300 G2
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Yeah, I deleted everything I possibly can, related to ASUS including hidden programdata and appdata folders. I have to assume that is not the problem, but I will not reinstall Windows over this. I'd rather just get another KB from someone who makes working software if this never works again.

But that's the most frustrating part, the Keyboard itself is totally fine, it's the software that is bad beyond belief. But at the same time I have to wonder, does it work well for most people since the state of the software is not more widely known? Yeah this forum and Asus reddit is full of complaints but that's it.
    I really like Asus ROG stuff, and I was looking at their KB & Mice to replace what I had a while ago. Sadly they didnt have all the features I wanted and ended up going for the Corsair K95 Platnum and M65 Pro mouse. Their ICue software seems to do the job too so its no wonder why Asus are teaming up with them...

New ROGer Array

Feel like they could take away 90% of the frustation by simply fixing the uninstaller and installer to have aditional feature called clean install removing all old settings and installing everything regardless of being installed or not aditionally it could be set to delete the things before installing new things in same folder, while also being able to export profiles into a file to later import back in like iCUE as example does.

New ROGer Array

Yeah, the uninstaller is really needed an supposedly being worked on for months.

But there also needs to be a way to get older versions back and disable updates. Crate was finally working for me, for about 2 months before the latest auto update broke everything and nothing will fix it.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast