cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to get Ehci driver on new motherboards?

empleat
Level 10
I heard new Motherboards, often come only with Xhci USB controller. I am using USB 2 ports to connect my mouse, yet i have only Xhci USB controllers. I also disabled all ports in BIOS, except USB 2. But i had to enable one USB 3 port for VR. I immediately noticed input lag with my mouse! I did test long time ago, on my old computer and USB 2 feels much better than USB 3. Other people claim the same thing on overclock.net. They aren't fanatics! There were tests on pilots and human eye can tell up to 480 fps. Or scientists found: human eye can see even one photon of light. You can simply tell: if there is input lag, or some setting give different mouse-feel for whatever reason... E.g. people can feel difference between 120 and 144hz monitor for example, because even there is only 1ms something difference per frame, it adds up per time... Is it that too hard to believe? Some people are more sensitive, or because they have more experience they can tell?

Previously in Device Manager: there were two USB Root Hubs, or perhaps Generic USB Hub - can't remember. But after i enabled one USB 3 port in BIOS... Now there is showing two items: USB Root Hub (USB 3.0). And mouse movement feels worse! I don't know, why i have only USB 3 root hub, i am currently using only USB 2 mouse and keyboard. I don't want to uninstall it, because my motherboard has no ps/2 and i don't want hard restart pc, it can cause corruption! Not sure if that would help either... Is there anything i can do? To use USB 2 Root Hub? It is too annoying to have to change it in bios, each time i want into VR and than for normal usage...

I have ASUS Z390-gaming i.

That would be nice thanks!

bump
5 REPLIES 5

empleat
Level 10
Also i when i enable even 1x USB 3.0 port in BIOS. In device manager: my USB Root Hub gets replaced with USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) and even nothing is currently plugged into USB 3 and i am using mouse and keyboard in USB 2. My mouse lags and feels terrible, compared to when i disable USB 3 port in BIOS. Any idea why my USB Root Hub gets replaced with USB Root Hub (USB 3.0). Is there any way to use only USB Root Hub for USB2? I still need 1x USB 3.0 enabled for VR tho. But it won't be connected and used all time! It is annoying to go each time to BIOS and enable/disable one USB3 port!

Bump!

Lotzi
Level 7
Why are you bumping?
When an User can get help you will get it if not there will be no Answer
Why bumping now?

Lotzi wrote:
Why are you bumping?
When an User can get help you will get it if not there will be no Answer
Why bumping now?

? I didn't bumped like 2 weeks or something. Page goes into background and no one will answer... So i bumped 1 time after 3 days, big deal, after no one was answering month...

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
i remeber mention these a long time ago when z390 came to market. you are correct. in fact before windows remove the device manager update, if you make that update on there some usb 3.0 get disable. is a good questions to make a resolve. Since MS install their drivers, in order to make all to work, asus need to make the board talk the os. those are Chipset drivers. so the internals get activated. i lose that topic since no one make these as a important manner. back on those days also where different. Intel makes some generic ones but in order to take advance on all board features and advantages OEM drivers need to step in.
Learn, Play Enjoy!