cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus monitor backlight flashing

benderTheRobot
Level 7
Hi!
I have an Asus ROG PG27AQ monitor and I use a Dell Inspiron 15 7567 with It.
It has been a week since the monitor started to malfunctioning by slightly flashing the backlight bleeding from the left side of the screen.
I know for sure I haven't done any physical damage to the screen because I am too careful with It, so I am discarding the possibility of hits.

what I have tried (and nothing worked):
- Reinstalling all video card drivers from the official dell website.
- Formating my operational system (Windows 10).
- Installing the monitor driver from the official Asus website.
- Using this monitor with other pc and notebooks (even with Linux mint).
- Soft pressing on the left boards of the screen (technique indicated for backlight bleeding removal)

Important info:
- This started to happen when I was playing Besiege.
- My notebook was bought in 2017 August and works perfectly. Its screen doesn't have any issues.
- I bought the monitor something about one month later the notebook, so is not that old.
- I use a voltage regulator for both my monitor and my computer.
- There is a pattern on the flashing according to the set frequency, but all of them present flashes.
- My notebook has a GTX 1050ti graphic card and It ignores gsync, so It shouldn't bother. How do I know it? I use only HDMI and the led remains white when in use It.

Could someone help me? I really like this monitor, but I am considering on buying a alienware monitor now, because the asus technical assistance is way to far from me now (near 500km) and I tried everything I could to solve this.
5 REPLIES 5

Blake1
Level 10
Hello benderTheRobot,
Do you have another device you can connect to the monitor or another laptop to connect?
May I have a picture or short video of the issue?
Does the flashing only happen when your are playing Besiege?
Thank you.

Hi Blake, thanks for answering!
I already had tried also to connect using a Mac mini, a Dell pc (using display port) and an Asus notebook (with Linux mint). The monitor presented the same issue on all of them.

The issue happens all the time independently of the application. It is more easy to notice It when there is a darker image on the screen, because the failure is like a sudden change of brightness coming from the left side of the screen (occurs in less than one second repeatedly).

I recorded a short video, but I couldn't upload It here.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello benderTheRobot,
Please kindly share the video link in PM with me.
And you may send your device to service center for further examination.
Thank you.

Hi Blake,
I have updated the short video with the failure.
It is hard to capture the effect on camera, sorry about that. Please, compare the left and right sides and then you'll be able to see a slight change of brightness every second.

I used the (Ctrl + alt + del) screen to guarantee that the problem is not with the application itself.

I can't send the monitor to Asus tech support because It's too far from me (something about 500km).

Blake1
Level 10
Hello benderTheRobot,
Our discussion will continued in the PM you send me.
Thank you.