cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX701LXS - 'enter' key and '\' key are not working properly - [RESOLVED]

Michael_AU
Level 7
I am using GX701LXS.
When I set up the light for 'enter', '\' key lights up. If I set up light for the '\' key, the 'enter' key lights up. It seems like the order of the 2 keys is wrong in aura creator. I am wonderring if it is the software issue. I bought it 2 weeks ago, if it is the keyboard issue, I may return the unit to my retailer. Please let me know if you have the same problem.
7 REPLIES 7

Michael_Ye
Level 7
Update: It also happened on the Armoury Crate preset effects. If I select 'Laser' effect, I can see the same issue when I press the 'enter' and '\'. It is clear that it also happened on the Armoury Crate. I asked other users online and confirmed that some GX701 (2020 model) users had the same issue. And even the gx701 (2019 model) users also had the same issue. I am confused if it only happens on some of the devices. If it is a common issue, why ROG not fix it last year because it had happened on the previous generation?

It is a common issue now. I got a new replacement from my reseller. Same issue. Please update the software to fix it.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
We will investigate, thanks for bring it to our attention. Please double-check the Aura Creator version you have installed and reply. Thanks.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
We will investigate, thanks for bring it to our attention. Please double-check the Aura Creator version you have installed and reply. Thanks.

My version is 3.0.4.0. A few days ago, ASUS released a hotfix for its keyboard. This issue doen't happen on Armoury Crate anymore. However, the 2 keys stopped working in ASUS Creator. I think ASUS only fix it via its own software. The ASUS Creator also needs an update. Thanks.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:

Sorry, my creator vision is 2.0.3. '3.0.4.0' was the Armoury Crate version.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please go to Update Center and update AURA Kit to 20200909.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Please go to Update Center and update AURA Kit to 20200909.

All good now. Thanks