cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM504GM keyboard drivers problem

MareW
Level 7
Hey guys, please help me with this very annoying problem.
My keyboard stoped working properly after I installed audio drivers from Mikachu (audio was messed up thanks to windows update). Problem is very specific, basically my A, Q, 1, TAB and ; keys don't work properly (upper left corner of keyboard). Sometimes they work sometimes they don't register at all, but work when pressed with other key (e.g. shift+ or whatever else, I use numluck to be able to write properly). I'm 99% convinced it's driver problem first because to install audio drivers that work properly, you have to uninstall all drivers from ATK company, that also makes keyboard driver and also because problem solves temporarily after I delete drivers in device manager and restart computer. I tried to disable windows messing with drivers, totally disabled windows updates and installed keyboard driver from HDD but it didn't help. I can't get my hands on original driver that came with notebook, it's not on asus drivers page and also I can't find it on google.
I really think this problem can be solved by proper driver but I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help me with this? Maybe if you have same notebook and still have original driver or point me to direction where I can find it.

Also note, it's not dirt or mechanical problem. Checked by disablement of notebook, keys are transparent, I could see dirt but used canned spray either way for cleaning.

Thank you very much for help
6 REPLIES 6

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You talk about this drivers (ASUS ATK Keybord HotKeys v2.0.7.0 WHQL) ? : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/DriverforWin10/ASUSKeyboardHotkeys/ASUSKeyboardHotkeys_A...

Note : I don't understand why/how you came to remove your ATK drivers to install your audio drivers.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You talk about these drivers ? :

ASUS System Control Interface 1.0.30.0 WHQL :https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/AsusSystemControlInterfaceV1/AsusSystemControl...
ASUS ATK Keybord HotKeys v2.0.7.0 WHQL : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/DriverforWin10/ASUSKeyboardHotkeys/ASUSKeyboardHotkeys_A...

Note : I don't understand why/how you came to remove these drivers to install your audio drivers.

Thanks for reply.
In your guide for audio driver instalation you write to delete all drivers with some parameters and one of them was keyboard driver. Was I not supposed to delete that driver? Btw. audio drivers are working fine, thank you. I'm sure I must have messed up something or windows updates ruled once again.

MareW wrote:
Thanks for reply.
In your guide for audio driver instalation you write to delete all drivers with some parameters and one of them was keyboard driver. Was I not supposed to delete that driver? Btw. audio drivers are working fine, thank you. I'm sure I must have messed up something or windows updates ruled once again.

Here is an excerpt from the cleanup process :

- Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dax | dts | hdx | realtek

- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC

The ASUS System Control Interface & ASUS ATK Keybord HotKeys drivers that I linked you are respectively : asussci.inf | atkwmiacpiio.inf

Yes, driver for keyboard that I deleted was starting with avolute. Those drivers that you linked are not what I'm looking for, those are for keyboard hotkeys that are working fine.
In another thread guy confirmed my suspicion that it's driver problem, but didn't described well how he solved it. Only drivers changes I made were audio drivers so somewhere/somehow conflict happened. I don't blame you or your drivers, I'm just pointing out what happened.

MareW wrote:
Yes, driver for keyboard that I deleted was starting with avolute. Those drivers that you linked are not what I'm looking for, those are for keyboard hotkeys that are working fine.
In another thread guy confirmed my suspicion that it's driver problem, but didn't described well how he solved it. Only drivers changes I made were audio drivers so somewhere/somehow conflict happened. I don't blame you or your drivers, I'm just pointing out what happened.

I know very well that you are not angry with me, and I understand that you are satisfied with the audio drivers that I offer, however I would like to point out to you that you have made an inattentive mistake by deleting more drivers than necessary which led you to your current problems :

It is impossible that your "keybord drivers" * started with a-volute or avolute because A-Volute is the creator of Nahimic/Sonic Studio and has nothing to do with keyboards. * I don't know what you mean by that apart from the drivers that I have linked to you (ASUS ATK or ASUS SCI) because concretely the keybord drivers are generic, built-in in Windows and not visible in the DriverStore).

So if it's not the ASUS ATK or ASUS SCI drivers that you removed, it's up to you to find out which ones they were, or if you have really removed a driver that should not be, maybe not and that it's a pure coincidence. Good luck 😉