ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / NZXT Kraken X62
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

Rampage VI Extreme Omega Fans, etc

The board is a Rampage VI Extreme Omega. On cold start the fans blast at high speed, but then on restart they then function normally. But this is every time.

Here is a little history: The thing was crashing a couple weeks ago (despite reinstalling Windows and being fine for a few weeks) so I reinstalled Windows (a second time in a couple months)--which stopped the crashing (temporarily). After that I installed AI Suite III but Fan Expert would not control the fans as set up unless restarting (same as above) so I again installed Windows, removing AI Suite III. But that has not fixed the problem.

Edit: I don't know what I'm doing wrong with this thing, to be honest. It worked like a charm for almost a year. Then it started crashing, and then it would not play well with the latest Bios, with the clock speeds on the CPU running insanely fast and hot at default (no overclocking) so that the second newest Bios had to be reinstalled. Now it crashes regularly (it had stopped crashing until today with the latest Windows reinstall) and now the fans are not controllable without restarting the thing.
    Last edited by Super Gnome; 07-28-2020 at 02:14 PM.

ROG Member Array jberkpc PC Specs
    jberkpc PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme Encore
    Processor10920X
    Memory (part number)GSkill F4-3200C14-8GTZR 32GB
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Geforce RTX2080 FE
    MonitorASUS Swift PG279
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe M.2 1Tb
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro SSD 1Tb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H 110i AIO
    CaseThermaltake Core V71
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1200 W

I'm guessing that you are talking about the 2 small fans in the heatsink over the VRM. I have Rampage VI Encore and it has the same setup.
    When I used Fan Expert in AI Suite it prompted me to run the fan tuner and after I ran it the two small fans screamed like two angry hornets (very loud).
    I tried to slow the fans down with fan expert but it wouldn't let me slow them down but you go into the BIOS to the Monitor tab and adjust the duty cycle of those fans , then you can slow them down in Fan Expert.
    The easiest way is to uninstall AI Suite as you did but it still leaves behind a fan profile unless you use the AI Suite Uninstaller as in the link:
    In my case I reinstalled AI Suite without running the fan tuner and now they run at 5K RPM and don't make intolerable noise.
    Hope that helps.