cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX502GV Bios AHCI Linux

rarcega
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I was trying to install POP OS on my laptop but install doesn't find my NVMe drive (Intel 660p NVMe),
I disabled Fastboot and Secure boot but still unsuccessful. I cannot find on how to change it to AHCI (no option).
Also noticed my BIOS title is not UEFI BIOS (See attached screenshot). Please help, kinda new with asus laptops. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

pulmotil
Level 7

Hi, I have the same problen. Did you find some setting for it?

QQ02
Level 11

I do not have the same exact model so I cannot check, but under Advanced (F7, then Advanced) there may be a SATA mode and/or NVMe mode, the SATA setting is what you are probably looking for. Note that this change may cause Windows to break so back up everything you need on that drive first. You may need to reformat the drive (can be done with the Linux install media).

If you plan on dual-booting, it may make sense to get a second SSD for the second OS, though I am not sure how the ASUS BIOS handles two drives in different modes.

The problem has to do with the fake RAID 0 that ASUS for some inexplicable reason wants to activate, which is terrible for Linux compatibility, creates a higher risk of data loss on multi-drive systems and has no upsides at all on a single drive system.