cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Formula, NVLink & NVME RAID 0 ?

Loudoom
Level 7
I'm building an ROG Crosshair VIII Formula (2103), with an AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, 64GB of G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200, 2x Samsung 970 PRO 512GB - M.2 NVMe, 2x EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper w/NVLink, on an EKWB/Bitspower custom loop.
Is it possible to do NVMe RAID 0, while having 2 RTX 2080 Ti w/NVLink?
3 REPLIES 3

XIIIIX
Level 7
Loudoom wrote:
I'm building an ROG Crosshair VIII Formula (2103), with an AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, 64GB of G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200, 2x Samsung 970 PRO 512GB - M.2 NVMe, 2x EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper w/NVLink, on an EKWB/Bitspower custom loop.
Is it possible to do NVMe RAID 0, while having 2 RTX 2080 Ti w/NVLink?

Nice build.

NVMe raid and NV-link should work.
It`s been a long time since i used SLI but there are lines enough, and plenty bandwith.
XII

The very computer I'm posting this from is a Crosshair VIII Formula mobo running on a Sabrent Rocket PCIE 4.0 M.2 NVME SSD x2 RAID 0 setup. Getting the RAIDXpert 2 menu to show up in the BIOS is a little finicky and the way you install the AMD RAID drivers so that the Windows 10 installer can see the RAID is not very straightforward, but it's doable. There are a few video tutorials online that will get you some of the way there and ROG forum posts that will get you the rest of the way.

NVLink should work.... well, as well as NVLink ever will work.

polyh3dron wrote:
The very computer I'm posting this from is a Crosshair VIII Formula mobo running on a Sabrent Rocket PCIE 4.0 M.2 NVME SSD x2 RAID 0 setup. Getting the RAIDXpert 2 menu to show up in the BIOS is a little finicky and the way you install the AMD RAID drivers so that the Windows 10 installer can see the RAID is not very straightforward, but it's doable. There are a few video tutorials online that will get you some of the way there and ROG forum posts that will get you the rest of the way.

Sorry for not replying, I know it's been a long minute... I've still been unsuccessful but, thank you so much for the info. It was very helpful and informative. I'm now well on my way to completing my Win 10 install on RAID 0.