cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dram channel bandwidth

gnargnars
Level 7
Hi, I'm new to tweaking pc settings and what not. I am having trouble understanding the mobo ram compatibility. I have the rog strix x570-e and Model F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC (2x16) ram, not until researching more after the fact i realized the mobo is rated for max 2333 mhz before oc. Now my question is whether or not running a dual channel means that its a max of 4666 mhz. Is setting the frequency to 3600mhz oc or is the that split between each channel and therefore meaning im not oc?
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Channel count doesn't dictate speed rating. Dual and triple channel kits get the same rating as a single stick. And any speed above default is an overclock. That said, high speed memory is pretty common and relatively easy to set via XMP (intel) or DOCP (amd). It's not guaranteed though so you may find your combination of hardware can only run a 3600 kit at 3200 stable. You just have to try it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thanks for your help! Also do you think I would benefit at all from adding another 2 sticks?

xeromist
Not unless you need the capacity.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…