cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAR II external monitor just 60 hz

Zuluch
Level 8
Any idea how can I get more like 60 hz from my SCAR II (RTX 2060) on external monitor (ASUS ROG) ?
Im using 8K HDMI cable.
Thank you
6 REPLIES 6

Zuluch
Level 8
Hmm....interesting .....

KorosuKivy
Level 10
Zuluch wrote:
Any idea how can I get more like 60 hz from my SCAR II (RTX 2060) on external monitor (ASUS ROG) ?
Im using 8K HDMI cable.
Thank you

Whats the refresh rate of the monitor?
Have you been to the advanced display settings to see if its being detected by your system?
Have the display adapters been updated for it?

Zuluch
Level 8
Im trying to connect monitor PG27V (max 165hz) using HDMI (2.1) cable to GL704G but in display settings can see for monitor just 60Hz for laptop all good 144Hz. I had a dream when I connecting 2 ASUS products without any trouble....:(

Zuluch wrote:
Im trying to connect monitor PG27V (max 165hz) using HDMI (2.1) cable to GL704G but in display settings can see for monitor just 60Hz for laptop all good 144Hz. I had a dream when I connecting 2 ASUS products without any trouble....:(

Try using aura sync with the device if you haven't already. if that doesn't work you would have to lower the screen resolution to increase the refresh rate

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD%20Monitors/PG27V/ASUS_AURASYNC_software.zip this is the only firmware I could find for your device so yea give it a go

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Zuluch,
The maximum resolution and frequency of GL704GM display export from HDMI is 4096x2160, 60Hz.
Thank you.

brian68
Level 7
Specs of your monitor are max 60hz via HDMI.
*Use DisplayPort to get higher refresh rate and Gsync.
*I looked up specs of your monitor and it’s actually in the manual.