cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheap non-gaming Graphics Card for x299-e gaming

martine-dee
Level 12
Hey,

I have an ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming, and am currently in transition to a new rig.
Because 3080 Ti isn't out yet, I will use my 1080 Ti in the new rig.

Meanwhile, I still need to use the x299 e gaming, for non-gaming things. Nothing graphics intensive. So, I am looking for a recommendation what cheap, non-gaming graphics card can I take for that purpose. To give an idea, under 50 euro would be perfect. I need something to draw GUI of Windows and Ubuntu. If you have recommendations, please feel free to share it. 🙂

Ideally, that graphics card would be reusable with other mobos, if only just to test if the rest of things work fine.

Thanks! ❤️
Keep exploring, keep innovating, keep creating
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

martine-dee
Level 12
Thanks, Arne! I wanted to give karma but the site won't let me just yet. 😉 I will keep that point stashed for later.

martine-dee
Level 12
Just to report back that this card has been working fine wiht x299 e gaming for a few months now. I wish it had a DP output but fine, I already had a HDMI to DP converter (not to be mistaken with a DP to HDMI) if you are lookikng. Those HDMI to DP things need additional power srouce, which happens through an exta USB connection. At least x299 e gaming has plenty of free USB slots to offer.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Nice one....they are workhorse GPUs when nothing fancy is needed 🙂