Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dazechan View Post
    Unfortunately the issue returned today. No Error 0x57 on Event Viewer though. Getting really desperate as I'm out of options. I would love to do a factory reset and just disable Windows Updates but I can't figure out how to do it. (tried a reset of windows already but it just re-installed 2004 version)

oh btw , I use a 2070 RTX GPU , if that might help someone figure out something that I don't.
    Damn, I was really hoping that this would be resolved the last time I ever encountered artifacting (that's the [black/colored/torn] squares you see on your screen) was due to an overclocked GPU but can also be caused by the ribbon between the monitor and the motherboard being dislodged or damaged. Could also happen if the GPU is overheating and the fans aren't cooling the GPU

Have you ever opened up the laptop to change RAM/SSDs?

maybe there is a slight chance that you may have nudged a cable?

But anyway follow this guide
    https://www.asus.com/en/support/FAQ/1013065/
    that will help reset to factory settings

IF that doesn't work id recommend going through customer services if its still in warenty window to book a repair/replacement

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by KorosuKivy View Post
    Damn, I was really hoping that this would be resolved the last time I ever encountered artifacting (that's the [black/colored/torn] squares you see on your screen) was due to an overclocked GPU but can also be caused by the ribbon between the monitor and the motherboard being dislodged or damaged. Could also happen if the GPU is overheating and the fans aren't cooling the GPU

Have you ever opened up the laptop to change RAM/SSDs?

maybe there is a slight chance that you may have nudged a cable?

But anyway follow this guide
    https://www.asus.com/en/support/FAQ/1013065/
    that will help reset to factory settings

IF that doesn't work id recommend going through customer services if its still in warenty window to book a repair/replacement
    Hey , nah I've never opened it , the laptop is barely 7 months old. It is still under warranty yes , I'm just out of country right now. I will try the factory reset and see how that goes.

There's no manual overclocking done to the card by me. Just performance mode by armoury crate. Kinda odd that the problem started happening right after that windows update I did.

As for the overheating thing , it barely reaches 67-8 degrees Celsius while gaming.

I'm really out of ideas as I've tried everything so far besides the factory reset. Thanks for all the help mate.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dazechan View Post
    Hey , nah I've never opened it , the laptop is barely 7 months old. It is still under warranty yes , I'm just out of country right now. I will try the factory reset and see how that goes.

There's no manual overclocking done to the card by me. Just performance mode by armoury crate. Kinda odd that the problem started happening right after that windows update I did.

As for the overheating thing , it barely reaches 67-8 degrees Celsius while gaming.

I'm really out of ideas as I've tried everything so far besides the factory reset. Thanks for all the help mate.
    no worries best of luck!

Moderator Array

Dazechan,
    Please kindly send your device to our official service center for further examination.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2