cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G732LWS upgrades.

Padraigo
Level 7
I bought one of the new G732LWS notebooks, and upgraded it as soon as I got it.

I replaced the base 1TB SSD with a 500GB samsung Evo 970 and then added a 2nd Evo 970 with 2TB for games. There is still room for one more M.2 if/when I need it aswell.

I also upgraded the 16gb ram to 32gb ram using 2x16 Crucial Ballistix. The website says the laptop is capable of going to 3200mhz but I cant get it to reach that. Dunno if I need to do something in Bios.

Pretty easy to upgrade all in all. Just a couple of screws underneath and it pops open.

If anyone needs a video of it being opened let me know, ill link the one I used.
35 REPLIES 35

KorosuKivy
Level 10
To get the 3200mhz clock speed it would be the xmp option in the bios but I think its has been disabled/removed from most if not all laptop models this is the case for the G512LV

Padraigo
Level 7
On the spec page for this laptop, it says "*Full DDR4-3200 support will be enabled by an automatic BIOS update in July 2020. Older BIOS versions can manually set the memory to 3200MHz, but the July update is recommended for maximum stability."

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Padraigo,
Which CPU version you have?
i9-10980HK or i7-10875H ?
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello Padraigo,
Which CPU version you have?
i9-10980HK or i7-10875H ?
Thank you.

i7-10875H

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Padraigo,
Please update to the latest BIOS
enter BIOS>Advanced>Enable "Overclocking Feature"
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello Padraigo,
Please update to the latest BIOS
enter BIOS>Advanced>Enable "Overclocking Feature"
Thank you.

How do I update to the latest BIOS?

Padraigo wrote:
How do I update to the latest BIOS?

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/G732LWS/HelpDesk_Download/

I was also going to upgrade the RAM to the Ballistix. I've already got my BIOS updated and running 3200 MHz without overclocking enabled. There should be no issue with running this RAM at 3200 MHz with the latest BIOS right? Specifically want it due to the great Cas latency.

Padraigo
Level 7
I have updated my Bios to 310, but I still cannot get my ram up to 3200. I dont see an option in my Bios for overclocking. If anyone has screenshots to help me out that would be great.

ugh.. now my Aura Sync wont work on Armoury Crate though. Keeps telling me to check for updates, but there is no updates...

maybe I should have just done nothing...

Padraigo wrote:
I have updated my Bios to 310, but I still cannot get my ram up to 3200. I dont see an option in my Bios for overclocking. If anyone has screenshots to help me out that would be great.

ugh.. now my Aura Sync wont work on Armoury Crate though. Keeps telling me to check for updates, but there is no updates...

maybe I should have just done nothing...

Should just clock up to 3200 Mhz on its own. Mine was showing 2900Mhz out the box but after I updated to 310 BIOS it updated to 3200 Mhz. Use CPU-Z or even task manager on the performance tab.