Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Padraigo View Post
    Attachment 85881

This is what it shows on CPU-Z. The sticks I bought are this. https://www.mwave.com.au/product/cru...-black-ac33105

The specs sheet for the G732LWS said there would be a bios update in july that allows up to 3200. I am up to 310, but still dont see a way of getting that increase from my ram.
    I literally just bought the same RAM the same day I read your OP. Hopefully didn't just waste my money.

Moderator Array

Hi Padraigo,
    Please refer to below picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E5F74D3E.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	85936
    Thank you.
    I have updated my Bios to 310, but I still cannot get my ram up to 3200. I dont see an option in my Bios for overclocking. If anyone has screenshots to help me out that would be great.

ugh.. now my Aura Sync wont work on Armoury Crate though. Keeps telling me to check for updates, but there is no updates...

maybe I should have just done nothing...

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ASUS View Post
    Hi Padraigo,

Thank you.
    I have Version 310 and I do not have that feature.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos bios options.jpg  

bios version.jpg  

Last edited by craig_cabbage; 08-12-2020 at 12:32 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ASUS View Post
    Hi Padraigo,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E5F74D3E.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	85936
    Thank you.
    My bios doesnt have the overclocking feature on the menu. I have version 310.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by KorosuKivy View Post
    Damn you bought 3200 yet cpu-z shows that your max is 2666 at 1333mhz. The ram is being brought down to meet the max speed of the laptop which is 2666mhz jdec #8 is pulling your speeds down to 2526mhz on both sticks. but it seems that your xmp profile is active and drawing out the 1600mhz as its top speed but that will be limited to 2666.

can you confirm if you have DOCP and xmp enabled in your bios?
    I dont see any of those options in my bios.

New ROGer Array

I dont see any of those options in my bios.
    Yea I saw your screenshot and its satisfying to feel that I'm not talking crap when I say it's missing lol

Now I know I'm not going crazy I'm 100% sure they removed all overclocking features from all G series bios

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by KorosuKivy View Post
    Yea I saw your screenshot and its satisfying to feel that I'm not talking crap when I say it's missing lol

Now I know I'm not going crazy I'm 100% sure they removed all overclocking features from all G series bios
    Does that overclocking feature do anything other than just setting RAM to 3200MHz? Like does it enable XTU interface for undervolting, etc?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by lakshay2020 View Post
    Does that overclocking feature do anything other than just setting RAM to 3200MHz? Like does it enable XTU interface for undervolting, etc?
    No idea, until its added in a bios update I'm in the dark

New ROGer Array

I really hope we get some kind of response, any kind soon. One of the main reason I went with this laptop over the first one I bought was the better processor model capable of 3200MHz. I have 2x 16GB sticks waiting to go in, but I'm not going to waste the time until it'll actually benefit me.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by craig_cabbage View Post
    I really hope we get some kind of response, any kind soon. One of the main reason I went with this laptop over the first one I bought was the better processor model capable of 3200MHz. I have 2x 16GB sticks waiting to go in, but I'm not going to waste the time until it'll actually benefit me.
    I'm thinking this is all to do with the whole Intel vulnerability with the underclock jazz and is causing a back wave over issues with overclocking & tweaking that we all want to do lol.

Give it time... but I wouldn't pin your hopes up on this for a long while -_-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast