cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Z490 Gaming-E no CPU voltage readings??

Exigeous
Level 7
Just built a machine around this board but in various apps (AIDA64, HWiNFO64, etc) I get no voltage readings from the CPU at all. I get a few off the board, but not real time, only what they are set to.

I'm overclocking an i9 10900k to 5.2G on all cores at 1.4V so want to see what my real time voltages are. Running current BIOS and drivers as of posting.

Thoughts? Something not enabled or does this board somehow not report this information?

~Exigeous
4 REPLIES 4

BloodBaron
Level 7
Works for me with Strix z490-E with a 10700k, hwinfo v6.28-4200

Hmm, in playing around with things once it worked and I figured it was fixed but nope, it's back to not showing any of those metrics (specifically the core voltages in the CPU section). I'm using the latest version, flashed the board to current (can't recall which) but still nada. I have changed a number of settings for my overclock, but nothing that I can imagine would turn these off somehow.

Could you try open/closing it a few times between reboots and see if it ever doesn't work for you? I'd appreciate that and your reply.

~X

Exigeous wrote:
Hmm, WTF - in playing around with things once it worked and I figured it was fixed but nope, it's back to not showing any of those metrics (specifically the core voltages in the CPU section). I'm using the latest version, flashed the board to current (can't recall which) but still nada. I have changed a number of settings for my overclock, but nothing that I can imagine would turn these off somehow.

Could you try open/closing it a few times between reboots and see if it ever doesn't work for you? I'd appreciate that and your reply.

~X

You need to click "Reset layout" or "restore order" in the preferences for panes. Then re-enable "fixed order".

Exigeous wrote:
Hmm, in playing around with things once it worked and I figured it was fixed but nope, it's back to not showing any of those metrics (specifically the core voltages in the CPU section). I'm using the latest version, flashed the board to current (can't recall which) but still nada. I have changed a number of settings for my overclock, but nothing that I can imagine would turn these off somehow.

~X

Could always try full uninstall of hwinfo64 and delete preferences, then reinstall?

Restarting the app always brings me the same values