cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scar 2 Isues (mine GL504GW)

mattpunx90
Level 8
I want to document ALL issues i, and other people are having with this devices cos i got tired of dealing with it and seeing so many people struggling with this company's faulty products.

I had several issues with mine (most of them after going from BIOS version 304 to 305). First fluctuating volume up and down (i had to move right speaker's cable slightly to solve this cause this one was causing the problem. So it is a faulty hardware issue), then distorted sound (speakers are barelly floating non attached to the chasis and had to tape it with double stick tape to avoid it destroyed the sound due bass), keyboard doesn't responding til a few seconds after getting to login screen, aura sync taking the same amount of time to remember saved personalized patterns instead of default, and now it's screen turning suddently off and on randomly sometimes as graphic driver was being installed or rebooted somehow once in a while.
It also reach temperatures around 90° wich isn't very good also, but this is a common issue on i7 8750H, so that's that processor fault particulary.

My goal here is to allow other users of this laptops to say all the issues they have or have encountered with this devices and help each other at the same time since we're not getting proper response or help from the company more than once
4 REPLIES 4

aupoi351
Level 7
Hello mattpunx90, excellent initiative.
I have the sound fluctuating problem to, I just unplug and re plug the connector sometimes to solve it.
No distorded sound for me, no keyboard faillure neither.
But I sometimes have the GPU Fan going to max speed without any GPU load, I have to unplug and re plug the connector of the left fan to solve this too.
Fortunaltely No problem with the screen.
To slove the high CPU temp I just repasted it and GPU too with mx-4 (I don't want to use LM) and undervolted with Throttestop.

I'll try to tape the GPU fan wire somewhere on the Mobo or elsewhere as I noticed that the fan problem starts when I use a cooling pad that blows air making this wire move.
I'll tape the speakers too like you, maybe it will solve the sound fluctuations too.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello mattpunx90,
Please kindly send your device to service center and PM me your SN or RMA number.
Thank you.

Hi Blake, thanx for taking the time to reply my thread. Unfortunally i was told NOT BEING ABLE to send my laptop to RMA due warranty policies not covering my country (Argentina). As this product was bought at the USA, people in Tech Support told me i had to pay ALL shipment fees (wich i'm totally unavailable to do so cos it will cost me almost the 50% of the laptop's price) and even that, i needed an USA adress to access support. within the country cos "Asus doesn't ship outside the country".
I count with an Asus Tech Support shop not further than 10 blocks away from my home, but as this product isn't sold at this country, the company's warranty policies left me out of support of any kind.
So here i am fighting my way to solve all issues this product has by my own

I found a new "fault" on this device. And that is RGB bar and logo turns on and does light dance on sleep mode.
Tried disabling this feature on 3 different software (Armoury Crate, Aura, ROG Aura). Non of them dissable the dancing lights while on this mode. It only goes off once i close the laptop.

My guess it's an Aura Sync issue not providing proper orders to hardware

(also my lightning keyboard problem being restarted to default at boot solved by itself somehow sometimes. Or it takes less time to remind my personal configuration. Though it takes a few seconds to respond at log screen sometimes still)