cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help: asus rog rapture gt-ac5300 bricked due to power failure

rob_angel
Level 7
my router was working fine when a power failure occur 3x... i looked at my router the only lights on is the power led and the lan led and sometimes it switching back and forth. try to rescue/recovery mode but seems not working even it was successful. cant access the web interface even the lan ports and cant connect to wifi... it can detect the router if the ip4 it set manually, but if dhcp cant detect the router... hope someone can help me on this. here is the link for a video>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3M11LeRk3E
5 REPLIES 5

ahfoo
Level 13
rob_angel wrote:
my router was working fine when a power failure occur 3x... i looked at my router the only lights on is the power led and the lan led and sometimes it switching back and forth. try to rescue/recovery mode but seems not working even it was successful. cant access the web interface even the lan ports and cant connect to wifi... it can detect the router if the ip4 it set manually, but if dhcp cant detect the router... hope someone can help me on this. here is the link for a video>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3M11LeRk3E

Perform a hard rest with the following steps;

Why not you try hard factory reset of the router with the following method;

1. Turn the router off.
2. Press and hold the "WPS" button and turn the router on.
3. Power light is on (keep holding the WPS button).
4. Release the WPS button after the power light is off.
5. Reboot your router by manually pressing the power button.

Hope it help.

Also note that you need to include the DNS server in in your windows networking setting if you are using static IP address. From your image I can see the DNS server is blank.

ahfoo wrote:
Perform a hard rest with the following steps;

Why not you try hard factory reset of the router with the following method;

1. Turn the router off.
3. Power light is on (keep holding the WPS button).
4. Release the WPS button after the power light is off.
5. Reboot your router by manually pressing the power button.

Hope it help.

Also note that you need to include the DNS server in in your windows networking setting if you are using static IP address. From your image I can see the DNS server is blank.

already tried that hard reset but seems not to work the led lights still switching from power led to lan led. i will try to put dns server when set to static...maybe may last resort is thru the usb to ttl...like what posted here in rt-ac5300. reset button not working tried the recovery mode. it says sauccessful but it seem not to work...

no guts no glory.... after so many tries... i've manage to make it work again... reflash the router thru tftp via lan ports...kindly closed this thread. cant find how to close the thread...

rob_angel wrote:
no guts no glory.... after so many tries... i've manage to make it work again... reflash the router thru tftp via lan ports...kindly closed this thread. cant find how to close the thread...

hello, can you help me explain this step you did? i also have bricked 5300 router, i tried ASUS restoration tool also fails

thank you

AKBAAR wrote:
hello, can you help me explain this step you did? i also have bricked 5300 router, i tried ASUS restoration tool also fails

thank you

1. Turn the router off.
3. Power light is on (keep holding the WPS button) then it will start to blink...
4. open command prompt then ping the router
5. open another command prompt the type tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put c:\GT-AC5300_3.0.0.4_384_82037-g0cfb8f0_cferom_ubi.w (c:\ locations of the firmware i upload) then wait to reboot...

Hope it help.

do this in wired connection and set ip to static like in the picture in this thread..