cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GW CPU undervolt problem after BIOS 306 update

ux4real
Level 7
After BIOS update to Version 306 on my GL504GW I have a CPU undervolt problem. It's not working anymore and my CPU is burning at the moment. What shall I do to be able to undervolt my CPU again?
9 REPLIES 9

KorosuKivy
Level 10
ux4real wrote:
After BIOS update to Version 306 on my GL504GW I have a CPU undervolt problem. It's not working anymore and my CPU is burning at the moment. What shall I do to be able to undervolt my CPU again?

It seems if you really want to downvolt it you would need to downgrade your bios back to 305 if it worked on that version of bios. But there is a vulnerability issue that intel have suggested manufacturers patch up till they fix it, I guess.

Joanne1
Level 8
ux4real wrote:

Dear ux4real,
Please refer to below statement from Intel
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...wapkw=SA-00289
We will follow this by BIOS update for all model affected.
Really sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

Joanne@ASUS wrote:
Dear ux4real,
Please refer to below statement from Intel
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...wapkw=SA-00289
We will follow this by BIOS update for all model affected.
Really sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

Hey Joanne,

I understand why Asus had to disable software undervolting. My concern is that, if Asus is allowing undervolting through the BIOS, why is it limited to -80 mV?

Kindly forward this concern to the technical team, asking them to remove this limit so that we can undervolt more, and improve our temperatures so that our overall gaming experience with the laptop improves.

Other brands like MSI, Lenovo, Dell/Alienware are already allowing undervolting through BIOS without any -80 mV limit like Asus is putting, and this is the only thing preventing me from buying an Asus laptop. I'm holding off on my purchase for a few days, and if Asus promises to fix this undervolting limit issue, I'll surely buy an Asus laptop. Waiting for a positive reply from your side.

lakshay2020 wrote:
Hey Joanne,

I understand why Asus had to disable software undervolting. My concern is that, if Asus is allowing undervolting through the BIOS, why is it limited to -80 mV?

Kindly forward this concern to the technical team, asking them to remove this limit so that we can undervolt more, and improve our temperatures so that our overall gaming experience with the laptop improves.

Other brands like MSI, Lenovo, Dell/Alienware are already allowing undervolting through BIOS without any -80 mV limit like Asus is putting, and this is the only thing preventing me from buying an Asus laptop. I'm holding off on my purchase for a few days, and if Asus promises to fix this undervolting limit issue, I'll surely buy an Asus laptop. Waiting for a positive reply from your side.

Hi there,

how to undervolt through the BIOS in my GL504GW? Thx!

aupoi351
Level 7
Hi,
It's not possible, you need a modded bios for that.

aupoi351 wrote:
Hi,
It's not possible, you need a modded bios for that.

Do you know how to mod the bios for undervolting? i can't downgrade my BIOS to 305 cause it causes my apps crashing. Please help!

tap002
Level 9
I want my money back Asus! My GL703GE is now unusable and hits constant 99c.

Ramahi89
Level 7
Hello,
Is it safe to roll back to 305 for the undervolting option. or still there is an issue regarding the intel patching etc...? Please advise because I need to undervolt my laptop so it can perform better and not heat much. Thank you

P.S it is reaching under heavy load 97-99 as a package on the CPU side !! and i dont like it. and fans are going crazy. (cleaned them still same thing)...

Please help me out. G512LU Older bios is nowhere to be found! this laptop does not work without undervolting. if you know anywhere that i can download it from please tell me.