cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM slot stuck on RGB rainbow only.

macmus
Level 7
After SW update on Armory Crate one of the RAM slots is stuck on RGB and does not change regardless of the settings.
I have tried to rotate the ram but it seems it's a Motherboard issue, cause problem does not move with RAM.

What is the problem ?
28 REPLIES 28

Jesseinsf
Level 10
macmus wrote:
After SW update on Armory Crate one of the RAM slots is stuck on RGB and does not change regardless of the settings.
I have tried to rotate the ram but it seems it's a Motherboard issue, cause problem does not move with RAM.

What is the problem ?

It's not a motherboard issue, it's a corrupted Asus Aura profile. See if this works. Go to the following location on your PC: C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService

• Delete the following file: LastProfile.xml
  • Reboot your PC and let me know if that fixed the issue.

Note: Once you reboot, a new LastProfile.xml will be created.

Jesseinsf wrote:
It's not a motherboard issue, it's a corrupted Asus Aura profile. See if this works. Go to the following location on your PC: C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService

• Delete the following file: LastProfile.xml
  • Reboot your PC and let me know if that fixed the issue.

Note: Once you reboot, a new LastProfile.xml will be created.

I have already reinstalled the SW... that does not count ?

I have also deleted the file with same result.

I have the same problem including reinstall windows and armory and I continue with the same problem seems to be an error in the number of memories count probably an aura service problem

macmus
Level 7
I see that when i move ram to slot on the next two DIMMs on the left it detected again.

What motherboard do you have?

macmus
Level 7
Asus wants me to RMA the board points to HW issue...

macmus wrote:
Asus wants me to RMA the board points to HW issue...

ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha and RAM Trident Z Royal

I have all the slots occupied in the RAM and 6 slots are synchronizing and 2 are not synchronizing I have more rams and they are not the modules and I have tried everything and when reviewing the files of the lighting service check that only lists 6 modules in total seems to be failure from the recent armory update sorry I only speak Spanish I use a translator

macmus
Level 7
why asus wants me to RMA the board?

Which slots do not light up for you ? the furthers to the left ? 1 and 2?

I tried to use RAM Trident Z SW but it also detects 3 DIMS slots... I think update on armory broke the FW.

macmus
Level 7
anyone with same issue ?

macmus wrote:
anyone with same issue ?

I am experiencing the same issue which happened after armory crate install. I logged it in the Aura bug thread.