cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C7H Recommended OC settings for PE3

darkdavid08
Level 7
Hey curious if any of you could recommend some settings while running Performance Enhancer Level 3 in the BIOS.
I have a 2700x, 16gb of 3200 cl14 bdie samsung ram, Corsair H150i Pro 360 AIO, and am running DOCP 3200 with Stilts Fast 3200 timing preset.

I run a auto negative offset on the Vcore, systems been running pretty great this past year. The PE3 definitely killed one of my old 2700x's after the first year but im fine with keeping the setting on considering 4000 series is coming out soon and I plan to upgrade. Im aware of the long term effects of running PE higher than 2.

I was going to run Ryzen DRAM calculator and fine tune some more of my BIOS settings, but im curious what you guys would recommend with this setup and which direction to go with this OC. Looking for performance gains in Gaming mostly.
2 REPLIES 2

MeanMachine
Level 13
Really darkdavid, What are you trying to achieve. Are you going for bragging rights or a reliable and stable well performing system with gaming in mind.

I have tinkered with my 2700x and also have 3200MHz cl14 (2x8) Gskill and managed to get to 4.1GHz on the CPU with very little headroom left whilst maintaining stability and keeping temps in check.

As you know, the H150I Pro is about as good as you can get to keep temps acceptable. If your stable then there's not much more you can do.
You can play around in Bios and see if you can Overclock your RAM using the dram calculator however the more you try for little gains the more unstable the system becomes.
By all means you can try but stability is better rather than try to gain a couple of hundred mhz which is very little difference performance wise.

Sorry, not much help from me for you here. Try Overclock.net, some guys suggest performance Overclock settings.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]