cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Scar 3 G731GV BIOS 308 Undervolt PROBLEM

souliar7
Level 8
HI..I have a Asus rog scar 3 G731GV as soon as i updated bios 307 to 308 i have problem with cpu undervolting... xtu and throttlestop don't work and i also have drop fps. What can i do ?
16 REPLIES 16

KorosuKivy
Level 10
souliar7 wrote:
HI..I have a Asus rog scar 3 G731GV as soon as i updated bios 307 to 308 i have problem with cpu undervolting... xtu and throttlestop don't work and i also have drop fps. What can i do ?

Intel released a statement that all manufactures update the bios to disable all the wonderful things we want to use due to a vulnerability exploit that was discovered.

I do think this is the article
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/advisory/intel-sa-00289.html
Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Information Disclosure

So yea its been disabled by the manufacturer...

thanks for answer... i went back to 307 bios but every time i restart my laptop automatically installs the 308 bios..how can i stop this?

souliar7 wrote:
thanks for answer... i went back to 307 bios but every time i restart my laptop automatically installs the 308 bios..how can i stop this?

You can disable System Firmware in Device management concole (devmgmt.msc) and after that downgrade to 307 bios.

sevamaxuz wrote:
You can disable System Firmware in Device management concole (gdevmmt.msc) and after that downgrade to 307 bios.

where can i find gdevmt.msc and disable?

souliar7 wrote:
where can i find gdevmt.msc and disable?

File name devmgmt.msc

You can find it here "C:\Windows\System32\devmgmt.msc"

sevamaxuz wrote:
File name devmgmt.msc

You can find it here "C:\Windows\System32\devmgmt.msc"

Thanks...i found the file but i can't unistall it...

souliar7 wrote:
Thanks...i found the file but i can't unistall it...

You don’t need to uninstall it, what you need is to open the file “devmgmt.msc”, find “System Firmware” device in devises tree and disable it (see attachment). After that you will be able to downgrade your bios to 307 and it will not be updated automatically.

sevamaxuz wrote:
You don’t need to uninstall it, what you need is to open the file “devmgmt.msc”, find “System Firmware” device in devises tree and disable it (see attachment). After that you will be able to downgrade your bios to 307 and it will not be updated automatically.

Thank you very much...i did it and downgrade bios to 307 and it was successful !

souliar7 wrote:
Thank you very much...i did it and downgrade bios to 307 and it was successful !

nice to hear that it solved you problem 🙂