cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Bios For Rampage VI Extreme Omega--when?? Oh wait--TODAY

Super_Gnome
Level 11
The last Bios was a fail for at least a handful of us--due to issues it has with our CPU clock speeds.

So when is the next one out? Oh wait, it's out. My rig has just been collecting dust because of constant BODs and game crash issues that started just prior to the prior Bios release, and despite multiple reinstalls of Windows, removal of all (but the Bios) Asus software (with Windows reinstalls) etc. and likely related issues with SLI and DirectX 11.

Like come on Asus. This hardware is pricey and your software and support fail on so many levels. What took you so long?

And how is the new Bios? Anyone?
5 REPLIES 5

Corna
Level 7
9980XE + R6E Omega, BIOS 3006 memory performance was significantly degraded, and it was initially assumed that subsequent BIOS versions would fix the problem, but BIOS 3105 memory performance was still significantly degraded, with the same results as BIOS 3006

Corna wrote:
9980XE + R6E Omega, BIOS 3006 memory performance was significantly degraded, and it was initially assumed that subsequent BIOS versions would fix the problem, but BIOS 3105 memory performance was still significantly degraded, with the same results as BIOS 3006

What kind of memory are you using? Mine is Corsair 2666 MHz.

Super Gnome wrote:

Asgard 2666

Super Gnome wrote:

Have you made a comparison with BIOS 0802, and if the same parameter Settings have memory performance degradation

I got the Asus x299 Tuf Mark 1 Motherboard. Been waiting for an bios update as I was having issues with the memory also.

I'm using Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600Mhz. Had to tweak my power settings just to get it to boot up initially. They have stated on the bios they have "improved" memory.

Can anyone confirm what way?