cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus hero XI and NVME settings

Asryan
Level 10
Hi,

I've recently installed a Sabrent NVMe on my Maximus Hero XI.

I wanted to know what is the best setting for it.

Also, on the user manual it's notified that when the M.2_1(Socket 3) is operating in SATA mode, SATA port 2 (SATA6G_2) will be disabled but apparently on my board for what i've tested it's 5 and 6 which are disabled so I don't understand.

Thanks for the help
3 REPLIES 3

no1yak
Level 8
If your drive is NVme M.2 and not a sata M.2 (same fitment but the SSD sata m.2 is 6gb max ) Then what you are seeing is correct. I have the same MB with a Samsung 970 Evo plus (NVMe) in port M.2.1 and a 850 pro in port 1 of the Stata connection.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Asryan wrote:
Hi,

I've recently installed a Sabrent NVMe on my Maximus Hero XI.

I wanted to know what is the best setting for it.

Also, on the user manual it's notified that when the M.2_1(Socket 3) is operating in SATA mode, SATA port 2 (SATA6G_2) will be disabled but apparently on my board for what i've tested it's 5 and 6 which are disabled so I don't understand.

Thanks for the help

when you put the NVME in the m2_1 sata 0 is disable. if you put the nvme in m2_2 the 5/6 is disable. aside that that is it if you using 1502 bios. no settings at all. i recommend when nvme are use. use sata 3/2 (middle one) to be safe. there is no control switch o adjustments or any settings at all. nada. is all automatic. I recomend isntall the os, using CSM disable and othe type UEFI and clear the secure keys. (unless you are on enterprise environment )

the bios control that you see that say hyper card is when ONLY use a riser card with a nvme carrier that hold 1 or more nvmes then you u use that on those scenarios aside that that is all

I can retry these again if you want. there is no diference on the hero and code xi
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
when you put the NVME in the m2_1 sata 0 is disable. if you put the nvme in m2_2 the 5/6 is disable. aside that that is it if you using 1502 bios. no settings at all. i recommend when nvme are use. use sata 3/2 (middle one) to be safe. there is no control switch o adjustments or any settings at all. nada. is all automatic. I recomend isntall the os, using CSM disable and othe type UEFI and clear the secure keys. (unless you are on enterprise environment )

the bios control that you see that say hyper card is when ONLY use a riser card with a nvme carrier that hold 1 or more nvmes then you u use that on those scenarios aside that that is all

I can retry these again if you want. there is no diference on the hero and code xi

Sorry I gave false info, my bad. @MrAgapiGC is totally correct . Need to engage brain before typing. The 850 is in slot 2 not 1 as previously stated.