cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q Shifting Line of Pixels

Dark360
Level 7
Hello,

I have had my monitor for a quite since early 2019 and been loving it.

I noticed that every once in a while a vertical line of pixels from the center would often shift to either side of the monitor.

After searching the forums and finding the Sticky at the top of this forum, I thought it wasn't worth the hassle to RMA as it usually goes away after a power cycle.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87380-Firmware-Update-for-ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q

Then lock-down begun and I started working from home, so I have decided to RMA the monitor.

ASUS are only providing a swap at present which I have tentatively agreed to, but confirm if its likely that the monitor I will get in return will have had its firmware updated?
3 REPLIES 3

DrSahl
Level 7
I think there is a good chance that it will be updated. But you can´t be certain ofc. My advice is to inspect the new monitor sent and after setting it up, then look for faults. Asus support have been very helpful with me and told me that they will swap again, if the replacement monitor suffers issues. I would not worry to much and instead look at what happens.

I was never aware of this issue, mainly becuase I bought mine in 2018 (I reckon mine had been updated?) so again I reckon those refurbished ones that had issues, would get the update and then the one taken in, would get the same threatment if needed.

That is just my take ofc.. Take pictures when you take the monitor out of the box and as the first thing, go look for external damage, then go look for Backlight bleed, dead pixels, etc
Again Asus have been very supportive towards me, as of now I have only had good experience, albeit no monitor swap yet, but I know the drill from their instructions.
I hope your issue gets sorted out

Edit.

I found this
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?104402-Asus-pg279q-Firmware

I reckon you should not be worried about not having the firmware update. Mainly because I don´t think that 4 year old monitors, to make an example, would not be fixed with the update, as that would most likely be one of the reasons for RMA

KuraiShidosha
Level 10
How did you make out OP? I sent my PG279Q in back in September 2020 for repairs for other issues. I bought my monitor in October 2017 and it did NOT have the g-sync firmware bug. I received back the same serial number monitor, but unfortunately the panel and g-sync module they replaced mine with has the firmware bug. I am sending it in again to update the firmware and I am hoping, fingers crossed, that I get back my original monitor with just the updated software. I don't want some random refurbished display with its own defects and problems.

i have G-sync problem on my PG278QR. Monitor works. I send it just for firmware update, they didnt update it, they just perform test that monitor works for some god know what reason (and yea monitor works who would guess) and damage it. They couldn't even pack it properly and they send it back. After i was furious, they want me to send it back again. They will fix the damage, but they will not fix my firmware problem. But repair could be long due to Corona. So what is the point send it back? When they don't want to fix my firmware problem! Funny is they release for some monitors firmware that user can update it itself... but they can't provide it for me or update it in their repair center.. So i must live with this BUG until i change my monitor

AAA+ support in Czech Republic