cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone explain how aura creator + armory create integration works?

necroshine
Level 7
Hi all!

I'm not going to tell my awful story on using armory crate + aura creator right now, cause there are already a lot of posts about ton of problems, i'll leave that to another day.

What I really wanna ask is if anyone can explain me what's the idea behind this 2 software's and the integration between one another.

I Have only a Asus Rog Strix Scope Keyboard, so there's nothing complicated about my set up.

The first impression I had, was that I would be able to create "lighting patterns" with aura creator and then, using armory crate, I would sync those patterns to my keyboard, so I could swap them with the key combination (Fn + Directional keys).

But as soon as I use an Aura creator pattern, I can't use the key combination to switch to another pattern (or change brightness), I have to load armory create, unsync and choose another pattern (when it works)

I'm I doing it wrong? Can't I just sync my custom aura creator pattern to the keyboard?

Thank you!
22 REPLIES 22

CanadianROG
Level 7
necroshine wrote:
Hi all!

I'm not going to tell my awful story on using armory crate + aura creator right now, cause there are already a lot of posts about ton of problems, i'll leave that to another day.

What I really wanna ask is if anyone can explain me what's the idea behind this 2 software's and the integration between one another.

I Have only a Asus Rog Strix Scope Keyboard, so there's nothing complicated about my set up.

The first impression I had, was that I would be able to create "lighting patterns" with aura creator and then, using armory crate, I would sync those patterns to my keyboard, so I could swap them with the key combination (Fn + Directional keys).

But as soon as I use an Aura creator pattern, I can't use the key combination to switch to another pattern (or change brightness), I have to load armory create, unsync and choose another pattern (when it works)

I'm I doing it wrong? Can't I just sync my custom aura creator pattern to the keyboard?

Thank you!

Your pretty much spot on with the behavioral quirks! of the Armory program, I have the claymore and its behaving the same. The Aura program gave us a true all in one feel of options, minus the Work space tools that the Aura creator offer. It looks like they have alot to figure out , your not alone.

Can't change the monitor info on the Asus Z490 Formula XII

Any change i will make, will be lost at the next reboot, even if the sequence of info i wanna see on the display is saved... how this? 500$ motherboard and this awfull issue???

Sauztriaco
Level 7
necroshine wrote:
Hi all!
Thank you!

Found the exact same doubt i have. My keyboard is FLARE.

This is idiotic, to be honest. Cannot switch my lighting patterns (created on Aura Creator) with my Fn+1/2/3/4/5 Keys.

I think Aura Creator + Armoury Crate save them LOCALLY and the only way to switch profiles is via software. But i want to save my profiles to the onboard memory so i can switch my profiles on-the-fly without the need of any software.

Please, if someone @Asus is reading this, make it possible. How hard can that be?

Maybe is a problem on memory size, like, the onboard memory is not big enough to save the profiles created by Aura Creator. If that's the case, please, We just need a software tool to personalize PER KEY RGB and save them to onboard memory.

I know such a tool already exists and its completely unreliable, i couldn't setup my lightning profiles because the damn thing keeps crashing and every single time a full reset was needed to make the keyboard usable again. So i spent $150 USD on a RGB keyboard that has such trash software that i cannot even personalize it... Seriously ASUS, i LOVE your hardware but you're really struggling to keep me as a client. Im THIS close to sell this junk and jump to another brand that knows how to do software, like SteelSeries.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
There seems to be some misconception about the how the 2 software solutions work. One is for easy customization, the other for complete light customization.

Armoury Crate is for quick access to device settings, preset lighting effects, and light synchronization for gaming and multiple (compatible) devices. Since you only need to configure one device, sync (Aura Sync) for multiple devices isn't necessary. Whenever Aura Sync is enabled, direct shortcuts for lighting and profiles are disabled. When all the components in your system (MB, GPU, chassis, peripherals, etc) are synced for lighting, it doesn't make sense to break the sync on any of the devices on-the-fly using shortcuts. However, if you still wish to have a device to not sync with others, you can still choose to do so by unselecting it in Armoury Crate.

Direct shortcuts allow switching of profiles and their preset lighting modes saved in the onboard memory of your device. If you want to change the profile lighting, make sure you're not in Aura Sync Mode, and save (sync) the device profile with the software.

While Armoury Crate lets you change preset lighting modes (or direct shortcuts), Aura Creator gives you complete access to lighting controls down to each individual LED for every compatible device in your system.

necroshine wrote:
Hi all!

Thank you!

Thank you so much for the comprehensive reply!

I understand 100% this:
MasterC@ROG wrote:
Whenever Aura Sync is enabled, direct shortcuts for lighting and profiles are disabled

Then you suggest this:
MasterC@ROG wrote:
Direct shortcuts allow switching of profiles and their preset lighting modes saved in the onboard memory of your device. If you want to change the profile lighting, make sure you're not in Aura Sync Mode, and save (sync) the device profile with the software.

This is exactly what I tried, problem is, I can only select PRESET lighting effects (breathing, color cycle, reactive, etc) and what I want is PER-KEY RGB customization then save it to onboard memory. And that's something Armoury Crate is lacking.

And again, completely agree and understood after 5 minutes playing with the two apps:
MasterC@ROG wrote:
While Armoury Crate lets you change preset lighting modes (or direct shortcuts), Aura Creator gives you complete access to lighting controls down to each individual LED for every compatible device in your system.

So to summarize: We need either ARMOURY CRATE or AURA CREATOR to allow us to save a simple per-key RGB customization profile to our onboard memory 1-5 profiles. Because right now, we can only save pre-set effects.

Aura Creator could be used to CREATE the lighting profile down to each individual LEDs, and then Armoury Crate to allow us to SAVE that profile to 1-5 OnBoard memory of "Aura Un-Synced " Keyboard, hope my explanation makes sense 😛

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Saving custom lighting to onboard memory was offered in Armoury II, you can use that If only using one device.
Aura Creator provides a level of customization far more complicated and the saved data could exceed the ROM capacity your device allows. The number of lighting zones, layers, effects, devices, and sequential timing has increased the complexity significantly. And so only 'preset lighting effects' can be stored in onboard memory profiles. You can still take the lighting profiles with you to another PC by using the import/export function. Hope this helps.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Saving custom lighting to onboard memory was offered in Armoury II, you can use that If only using one device.
Aura Creator provides a level of customization far more complicated and the saved data could exceed the ROM capacity your device allows. The number of lighting zones, layers, effects, devices, and sequential timing has increased the complexity significantly. And so only 'preset lighting effects' can be stored in onboard memory profiles. You can still take the lighting profiles with you to another PC by using the import/export function. Hope this helps.

Perhaps you could answer why was the option to link Custom Aura Lighting effects to a Scenario profile taken out? Or is this another bug in the long list? This was working for months but the latest update removed it.

Like said above, you can't use hotkeys to change the effect but now you can't even use scenario profiles linked to apps? What gives?

The option to link apps to scenario profiles has not changed. Any of the profiles - hardware (onboard memory) and software (extra ones you created) can be linked in Scenario Profiles. Lighting effects for saved profiles are limited to preset lighting modes.

For advanced lighting with per-LED control, saved Aura Sync profiles can be applied in Scenario profiles. If you would like to switch between custom/advanced lighting effects, you can let apps trigger the effect. Saved Aura Sync profiles can involve one or multiple devices.

Saved Aura Sync profiles:

Apply under Scenario Profiles:

Crowley_07 wrote:
Perhaps you could answer why was the option to link Custom Aura Lighting effects to a Scenario profile taken out? Or is this another bug in the long list? This was working for months but the latest update removed it.

Like said above, you can't use hotkeys to change the effect but now you can't even use scenario profiles linked to apps? What gives?

Well it has changed for me. So I assume it is indeed a bug.

I reported this on the feedback thread also, I do not have that selection at all.

Rog Claymore Core keyboard, only device:

I really hope this gets fixed, right now it remembers my settings from the older version and does switch aura profile, but I can't change it since the option is not there.

Also since I have your attention, perhaps you could forward some feedback for the developers to consider:

Please add a "Default Scenario Profile", something crate would default to when no app is detected. The profile switcher breaks pretty often and it's a chore to manually select the "Default" profile.

Also related to the first, please add option to quickly change Custom Aura Effects. Perhaps you could define your own hotkeys since the old fn+number can't be used anymore. Or even better, a simple CMD app where you change the effect with a parameter. With this I could have total control over the profile switching.

These would make the app much better.