cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coil whine issue

Asryan
Level 10
I, i've noticed a large coil whine on my GPU a week ago.

I've limited fps and realized it was gone under 40 which is weid because for what I know GPU coil whine occurs at high fps.

Today i've switched with another GPU and exactly same issue.

The GPU I have now (strix 2080ti) had no coil one in the rig it was into and mine doesn't coil whine in his.

What could it be ? I have a seasonic ultra prime titanium I use cable mod cables
Motherboard is maximus hero XI

I tried to :
Turn On / off Vsync
Put back original cables
reset bios settings.

Nothing worked.

I asked for a replacement of the PSU but could it be something else? I will get the same one and hope it will be fine.. For an high end expensive titanium one that sucks...

here's a video of the issue : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=gctewD7j-8s&feature=emb_logo

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Asryan
Level 10
I tried with the original cable and no changes at all. Seasonic told me they're gonna send me cable with some ferrites on it...

I've also swapped the motherboard actually

The issues occurs with :2 different graphics cards (EVGA FTW3 2080ti and Asus Strix 2080ti Oc).

The two cards do not make this noise in another config2 power supplies of the same model (Seasonic Ultra Prime titanium 850w)2 motherboards of the same model.

What is weird is that the noise occurs at 30FPS +, i've limited FPS to find out it does not occurs only at high fps as i was used to with coil whining GPU.

What could cause this it's driving me nuts